What apps, networks and tools would you like to see added to the HootSuite App Directory?

Wordpress

How about a Hootsuite plugin for wordpress that allows editors to have hootsuite controls in the "edit post" page. Allow editors to write a post, and then use the hootsuite plugin to schedule when their new post would be sent out to social networks, or view hootsuite analytics for specific posts.

1,612 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Mark PMark P shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Wordpress.com  ·   · 
    RobertoRoberto shared a merged idea: Wordpress.com  ·   · 
    Scott ThompsonScott Thompson shared a merged idea: I would like to use HootSuite with my self-hosted wordpress blog...  ·   · 
    BlivMandBlivMand shared a merged idea: Selfhosted Wordpress Blog  ·   · 
    Paul Danger KilePaul Danger Kile shared a merged idea: All Wordpress installations  ·   · 
    YasmiN GillettYasmiN Gillett shared a merged idea: Supporting .org Wordpress blogs  ·   · 
    Othman TajOthman Taj shared a merged idea: Allow the connection to self-hosted Wordpress blogs  ·   · 
    Joshua BaerJoshua Baer shared a merged idea: Right Click post to ....... functionality.  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Adding a self hosting blog  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Creating ability for self hosted wordpress sites to be a stream.  ·   · 
    TaylorTaylor shared a merged idea: Wordpress.org please!  ·   · 
    Amelia GordonAmelia Gordon shared a merged idea: add wordpress.org link setup aswell please  ·   · 
    remco.bronremco.bron shared a merged idea: Support self-hosted Wordpress blogs  ·   · 
    Tori TaschTori Tasch shared a merged idea: Add functionality for a self-hosted WordPress site  ·   · 
    Anthony HernandezAnthony Hernandez shared a merged idea: Support self-hosted Wordpress accounts  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Are there any plans for a Wordpress blog app for non-wordpress.com users?  ·   · 
    LeeLee shared a merged idea: we need to be able to post to self-hosted wordpress blogs from hootsuite.  ·   · 
    JuliaJulia shared a merged idea: it would be nice to be able to add a self-hosted blog to hootsuite  ·   · 
    Scott RhoadesScott Rhoades shared a merged idea: We need a plugin for self hosted wordpress websites.  ·   · 
    Coupons In MotionCoupons In Motion shared a merged idea: get self-hosted WordPress blogs on board. SOON??!! Please, oh please???  ·   · 
    gkurtzgkurtz shared a merged idea: allow a stream from Wordpress.org, not just wordpress.com  ·   · 
    Snow ConantSnow Conant shared a merged idea: what is the status of self-hosted WordPress blogs support in Hootsuite?  ·   · 
    completed  ·  SarahSarah responded  · 

Hi everyone!

We’re happy to announce that support for self-hosted WordPress.org is available via the HootSuite App Directory: hootsuite.com/appdirectory

More information about the WordPress app and related features can be found here: http://help.hootsuite.com/entries/22188562-wordpress-org-app-overview

If you are having difficulties adding your WordPress app please check out this help article on connecting your blog: http://help.hootsuite.com/entries/22201246-wordpress-org-app-known-issues

Thank you for your continued feedback and thanks for using HootSuite!

110 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any idea when you'll have support for Wordpress.org blogs using W3 Total Cache? Can't remove that from our site, but would like Hootsuite integration for the blog.

How do you get Hootsuite unconnected from your blog? Hootsuite had overridden the link to Twitter on my blog. I cancelled my Hootsuite account but the issue remains.

• Mr. NormalMr. Normal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Error: Could not find your blog...self-hosted, v3.5, XML-RPC always-on; why can't I connect?

• Kalle HyvönenKalle Hyvönen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cannot get this to work, I get the same error as Charles ("Error: Could not find your blog."). I have enabled XML-RPC.

• Charles KnightCharles Knight commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

anyone else having issues adding their blog to this app? i continue to get the following message "Error: Could not find your blog."

• nethicsnethics commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

can we update also our post on wordpress from hootsuite? would be very useful!!!

• TravisTravis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What this guy said:
        It would also be nice to have a Hootsuite plugin for Wordpress that automatically publishes your new, self-hosted Wordpress posts to your social networks through Hootsuite with a predefined set of criteria eg. schedule, social network, tag etc.

It would also be nice to have a Hootsuite plugin for Wordpress that automatically publishes your new, self-hosted Wordpress posts to your social networks through Hootsuite with a predefined set of criteria eg. schedule, social network, tag etc.

• James BraggJames Bragg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also I'm just starting to use Hootsuite, but it is pointless unless I can include the blog on my own self-hosted wordpress. It looks like it can't do it, so I'm giving up now and looking at alternatives. What's the point if it doesn't do the whole lot - that's the idea of it. Sorry. Is there a good alternative I can look at?

• Elbrie de KockElbrie de Kock commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is this still under review? It would be great to have this functionality in Wordpress, especially to allow scheduling posts and pages to distribute to various social networks as you would in Hootsuite Dashboard.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This whould be great! Especially to combine the stats of a hostetd WP-Installation with the HootSuite Stat-Tool.

• Presenter JamiePresenter Jamie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think its worth making really clear that being able to mix when we post on Social Media Networks and on our self hosted WordPress blogs and being able to schedule them together in one place is what people are hoping for. Not just a way to push Wordpress Links into Hootsuite...

• Ruben Di BattistaRuben Di Battista commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This could be very useful. Easy sharing of Wordpress articles in all the social medias. Something like Tweetfeed but with all the benefits of HootSuite.

• Mark WiltshireMark Wiltshire commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 for this, I have a blog site, so being able to leverage Hootsuite to post to all my social networks, and track would be essential.

Otherwise I have to
        a) post to my blog.
        b) Copy link to post
        c) Open up Hootsuite
        d) post new link to Hootsuite

Would really like this....

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can someone quickly explain the advantages of having my wordpress blog linked with HS to begin with? Am a blog newbie trying to figure all this out - thx!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base