How can the Tumblr app be improved?

Be able to add a Tumblr profile for composing posts to multiple services

Nice idea, but I still have to compose tumblr posts separate from twitter/facebook. Defeats the purpose entirely.

198 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Melvin HarmonMelvin Harmon shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Tumblr Posts  ·   · 
    OlgaOlga shared a merged idea: Add a Tumblr on social networks for use sheduled publisher  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Tumblr added as a social network so you can post to it from RSS  ·   · 
    Seb Keny RollandSeb Keny Rolland shared a merged idea: There's is a lack of support for Tumblr in Hootsuite (autoschedule, organisation etc...)  ·   · 
    mita56mita56 shared a merged idea: tumbler  ·   · 
    Chris mAKERChris mAKER shared a merged idea: Be able to add a Tumblr profile as network for composing posts to multiple services  ·   · 
    Seb Keny RollandSeb Keny Rolland shared a merged idea: social network + scheduling for Tumblr  ·   · 
    Robert TrenamanRobert Trenaman shared a merged idea: I need the tumblr scheduler that was in seesmic I have over 65 tumblr sites that need to be updated daily.  ·   · 
    Robert TrenamanRobert Trenaman shared a merged idea: I need the tumblr scheduler that was in seesmic I have over 65 tumblr sites that need to be updated daily.  ·   · 

18 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • TJ TJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need tumblr & pinterest availability BIG TIME!!!!! We need tumblr & pinterest availability BIG TIME!!! Ridiculous!

• MicholMichol commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, I would love to see some cross sharing capability. I do like that you can share you Tumblr posts to FB, Twitter, and any other non-app but I would love the ability to share from any of those to Tumblr!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The only reason I signed up for the pro account is because I thought this would be available. Without it, I won't be keeping PRO past the free trial.

• Caban OxlahunCaban Oxlahun commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Facebook/Twitter/Google+ is good, but Tumblr and Pinterst will be best.
        Come on Hootsuite, be the first and do it already.

Pretty much the only reason I signed up to Hootsuite for my company over the competition. I'm actually going to sign up for the other system now as both have a free trial, could have lost a paying customer here.

• Wiley ShererWiley Sherer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Completely agree with Micah. The whole point of Hootsuite for me is being able to post everywhere at once.

• MicahMicah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is my #1 complaint with any/all "social media dashboards" like Hootsuite. NONE of them, not a SINGLE ONE, can post to: Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Pintrest, Google+, Flickr and Instagram at the same time.

Why not? There's many dashboards that will post to some of these social media services, but not a SINGLE dashboard that will post to all of them. Come on Hootsuite, be the first and do it already.

I know it can be done: I have an app on my iphone that will post to Pintrest. And another that will post to Instagram. And your OWN service will post to everything but pintrest. But not all at once?

So even with Hootsuite, I have to post first to Facebook, Twitter and Google+. Than I *separately* have to post to Tumblr, Instagram and flickr? Sorry, but that's just idiotic.

• MitchMitch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tumblr app woefully inadequate in all respects, but biggest issue is of course that you cannot include Tumblr in a multi-profile post. I don't see much attention on this issue. I guess everybody just accepts that it's never coming?

• snackwellsnackwell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Me too. Being able to post to Tumblr at the same time as Facebook/Twitter/Google+ would be huge. Please consider adding this feature!

What Hoostuite currently provides is actually a step backward from Tumblr's own publish which additionally supports scheduled posts. The current Hoostuite service for Tumblr is simply intended to provide a story of supporting this platform but actually has no value.

• Poli PatersonPoli Paterson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would like to add tumblr to the top profile bar as it makes it difficult to post.
        Also the whole tumblr app is pretty glitchy and needs a lot of tweaking to bring it up to the standard of the twitter/facebook interface

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really need to be able to post to Tumblr and Facebook at the same time! Or if I could post photos directly to Facebook and Tumblr via ping.fm instead of it creating a link to the images at owl.ly

Feedback and Knowledge Base