How can the Instagram app be improved?

It would be great if the app could run more than one Instagram account

I have a personal Instagram account and a business account. I currently run them off individual devices so that I'm not logging in and out all the time. It would be AMAZING to be able to run multiple accounts from one place.

112 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Sian ToSian To shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: allow two instagram accounts on our streams. I have two, a personal one and a business one, and I cannot add both on Hootsuite, unforunatel  ·   · 
    completed  ·  SarahSarah responded  · 

Hi everyone!

After you get your first Instagram account ready, you can create another Instagram stream, then open link https://instagram.com/accounts/logout/ which will log your browser our of your Instagram account. Following this, come back to your second Instagram stream and click the ‘Connect with Instagram’ button. You will then need to log in to your next Instagram account.

Note that you will need to have a stream added for each of the accounts.

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is no one going to give feedback from Instagram anymore? This response is not very clear. It also does not seem to address the suggestion. From a mobile app, can more than one account be created and managed without logging in and out of the profile? For someone who perhaps owns a business, or has a side hobby, or is in a band? Similar to how Twitter allows a user to switch from one account to another easily and without logging out.

• TerriTerri commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

with these instructions, I was able to add my personal and business instgrams on hootsuite, but i think the original question is when will we be able to manage 2 accounts from our phones? You can't add photos to the hootsuite intagram feeds, so it doesn't help me to have access to my business account here.

• Cultural EnigmaCultural Enigma commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This doesn't really make any sense to me. I have an account on my iphone - what do you mean create a another "stream"? Another account? Also, are you talking about logging in through a browser on a computer or through your phone, because I can't get to a URL through my phone.

• L-A L-A commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd love to be able to have this to monitor my client's Instagram account. As it is, I'm only able login to my personal account (I'm not given the option to login under a different account after I logout).

• Min LiMin Li commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, you can do it with the app. After you get your first instagram account ready, you can create another instagram stream, then open link https://instagram.com/accounts/logout/, after you logout your current instagram account, you can come back to your second instagram stream and click 'Connect with Instagram' button, it will allow you to enter another instagram account to be connected with.

• RatuRatu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have to second this point. We run instagram for clients and being able to log into more than one account would be great.

Feedback and Knowledge Base