How can we improve HootSuite?

In order for this to be useful and be functional within my workflow is if I got an alert that a message had been posted.

In order for this to be useful and be functional within my workflow is if I got an alert that a message was posted. Can you add that functionality? Even if it's only an alert bubble added to the icon, that would be super helpful.

53 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Timothy J. LorangTimothy J. Lorang shared a merged idea: Notification of new comments in Conversations  ·   · 
    PaulPaul shared a merged idea: Browser Extensions  ·   · 
    Matthew GilpinMatthew Gilpin shared a merged idea: Notification of new post  ·   · 
    started  ·  SarahSarah responded  · 

Hi everyone!

We’re happy to show off our new notifications for Conversations. When users post in a Conversation, the icon will show a red badge, as well as a shaking animation. When someone comments on a post that you’ve liked or commented on, a notification bubble will also pop up. Chrome users will be given the option for browser notifications even when the dashboard is not in focus. Try it out and let us know how you like it!

Email notifications are still to come. :)

Thank you for all of your feedback!!

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • kenken commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why can't you implement pop-up notifications on desktop?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm not getting any notification either. What we need is a sound, even the soft tone used in regular hootsuite streams for new tweets

• Alex SchillemoreAlex Schillemore commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be good if, in pop out mode, the conversations window in the tasks bar would flash, as well as a notification sound and a brief pop up.

• Jeffery C LawsheJeffery C Lawshe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. Without an alert feature that pops up outside the tool (probably via email, or maybe something in a user's system tray), I'm going to end up putting the same message into an email and sending it to my team, so I don't have a lot of motivation for using the message tool right now.

It would be helpful if you received a notification for new comments and not just new messages.

It needs to be outside of Hootsuite to be effective - an email would work if you have email notification switched on for example. But a 'ping' and/or pop up notification window would be best.

Definitely needed, without a notification this is a non starter when you have multiple tasks on the go.

Feedback and Knowledge Base