Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    copycreatorcopycreator shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Allow limited persmissions for team members available in pro service.  ·   · 
    Cosette Cosette shared a merged idea: Create a permissions type that allows secondary users to view and comment on posts but does not allow them to make edits  ·   · 
    ErikErik shared a merged idea: Limited permissions in pro accounts.  ·   · 
    David MussonDavid Musson shared a merged idea: Allow Pro Membership to review user posts before they are posted  ·   · 

37 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Matthew ComptonMatthew Compton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An integral caveat in signing up. Extremely disappointed that this is not even in your plans. Our account with you is now in serious jeopardy because of your lack of concern for users' needs.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed! Many smaller businesses and organizations that can't afford your Enterprise plan still need a way to give staff members limited permission to draft messages that require admins to sign off on before publishing.

• Angela BoddyAngela Boddy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously what is the point of Hootsuite Pro if we can't get other team members to approve scheduled tweets in advance - you need to sort this fast! Feel we're wasting our money.

Thought this was part of the Pro plan. Seriously disappointed it is not as it was one of the key features that got us to try Hootsuite. We are a small office and Enterprise is not cost effective for us.

We actually thought this was part of the pro version and the main reason to purchase.

This was the primary reason for upgrading to Pro... Will now look for alternatives.

• Rocky KevRocky Kev commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is incredibly valuable. I thought by upgrading to a pro account would give me access to it. It's reaching a point where Hootsuite is becoming less and less attractive to me.

• Henry FinkelsteinHenry Finkelstein commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a very big deal and the main reason I upgraded to Pro. Very frustrating and annoying that this is not included as part of the package.

I know it's relatively simple to "unlock" this feature for Pro accounts. Please do so ASAP!

• Daniel P. SchenkDaniel P. Schenk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was shocked to learn today that the approval workflow is NOT part of the pro plan. It was one of the main reasons why I upgraded. Really got me thinking. Absolute deal breaker for me.

I do think it should be included for free. This was the main reason I went to pro to begin with!

• RhodesRhodes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I bought the pro version of HootSuite simply for this. Am considering canceling my account since I can't. Keep it to just two accounts and let enterprise be where many more contributors are part of a permitted team.

• cc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES!!! PLEASE!! I need this ASAP for medium sized business clients just getting started with Hootsuite and they cannot afford an enterprise account. HELP!!

• MichaelMichael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must anymore. Our company is considering a competitor because you do not have this feature. I would stake a wager that you are losing valuable customers to the plethora of management services that offer this feature.

• seansean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I vote to add this feature to pro level at no charge. I'm currently trying out pro for 30 days and was looking forward to that option. Now I'm not sure I'll be interested in continuing past this month's free trial.

• Louis-Philippe SavardLouis-Philippe Savard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow, looked for almost an hour to know how to setup require approval when posting in manage user permission in my Pro account (which dosen't feel pro at all if I can't manage my user's permisssion) and now I found this post.

You should change the name for : Pro we don't let you manage your users like a pro version account but like a chump.

• DougDoug commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completely agree! I'm a small company with ONE Virtual Assistant contractor. Expecting someone like me to pay for Enterprise is just silly. This is a BASIC Feature that should be included in the PRO plan. We are still using Hootsuite Conversations to do the same thing anyways. It just makes sense. There are only 2 short-comings in the Pro plan that I have found (so far). This is one of them. The other is the ability to LIMIT the number of daily posts in the Auto-Schedule feature. So you could set it, for example, to only auto-post 2 messages per day, one in the morning hours, and one in the afternoon hours. Or 3 a day, one in the morning, one in the afternoon, and one in the evening. For example.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base