I suggest you ...

Add some user options to Auto Scheduler

I like the Auto-Scheduler concept – I try to only post to our social network accounts about 3 times a day, however, and my first two “auto-scheduled” posts have been scheduled to go up within 45 minutes of each other.

Perhaps a customized setting where a user can specify a minimum time period between postings?

1,611 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    TomTom shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Michael RandallMichael Randall shared a merged idea: Auto-scheduling a certain number of posts per day or week  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: allow autos scheduling for a specific date. This would be helpful when scheduling posts in advance.  ·   · 
    MartinMartin shared a merged idea: Make Auto-schedule let you select a day, and it select the best time.  ·   · 
    Anne BenissanAnne Benissan shared a merged idea: autoschedule with the option to choose the date  ·   · 
    PP shared a merged idea: auto schedule on my schedule  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Using the Auto-scheduler, if you could designate time blocks that your posts would be scheduled to go out in (hour blocks, day blocks, etc)  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: create a queue system for autoscheduled posts  ·   · 
    GerhardGerhard shared a merged idea: add timeframes to the autoscheduler and make sure messages go out during primetime for the different social media  ·   · 
    Katharina LewaldKatharina Lewald shared a merged idea: to implement the opportunity to let the "Autoplanung" only post between e.g. 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.  ·   · 
    Lars KrollLars Kroll shared a merged idea: More functions for Auto-Shedule  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Customize "AutoSchedule" to allow for individualized sending schedule.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Show date/time a Hootlet auto-scheduled post is scheduled for  ·   · 
    TerrynTerryn shared a merged idea: make it possible to set the maximum number of updates to be scheduled each day for each social media platform.  ·   · 
    Kim SieverKim Siever shared a merged idea: Exclude days from Autoschedule  ·   · 
    StevenSteven shared a merged idea: have a way to set autoschedule days and times I would love to be able to auto schedule just between the hours of 8am and 7pm monday through  ·   · 
    Jamie WightwickJamie Wightwick shared a merged idea: Enable autoscheduling for a particular date in the future, not just on the same day.  ·   · 
    Robert SmithRobert Smith shared a merged idea: I'd like a feature to tell autoschedule how many tweets to send in a day.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Allow google plus page to be managed from mobile app as well. Secondly please put an option where auto schedule is every 1 hour.  ·   · 
    Courtney HeardCourtney Heard shared a merged idea: Need to be able to limit the amount the autoscheduler posts per day.  ·   · 
    LaurenLauren shared a merged idea: I would like the ability to auto schedule on specific days ...  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: give the ability to auto schedule on a particular date. I regularly setup a series of posts in the lead up to a promotion but I can only aut  ·   · 
    Booya BibleBooya Bible shared a merged idea: The Autoscheduler is awesome but it posts way too many times a day. I suggest three settings. High, medium, and low post volume per day.  ·   · 
    Jessica Jessica shared a merged idea: with the autoschedule feature, if a user continuously adds new Tweets, the timing get's reconsidered automatically  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Hour presets  ·   · 
    Lissa JohnstonLissa Johnston shared a merged idea: make the shading on the AM and PM in the scheduler a little more distinctive to better indicate which one is selected.  ·   · 
    JohnJohn shared a merged idea: Allow user determined timeframes to be set for auto schedule  ·   · 
    Scott Le RoyScott Le Roy shared a merged idea: Allow Post/ Tweets to be randomly sent out over time  ·   · 
    CJ MinottCJ Minott shared a merged idea: Have a Future AutoScheduler  ·   · 
    Joe SweeneyJoe Sweeney shared a merged idea: Date range for autoscheduling.  ·   · 
    Spearhead MultimediaSpearhead Multimedia shared a merged idea: Auto scheduling posts days in advance.  ·   · 
    kevinkevin shared a merged idea: Schedule limit option  ·   · 
    Fabricio ContrerasFabricio Contreras shared a merged idea: The autoschedule should has a time range  ·   · 
    MegBMegB shared a merged idea: Choosing the *date* of my autopost  ·   · 
    Paul JenningsPaul Jennings shared a merged idea: autoschedule to tweet a specific person(s) after they tweet so you can optimise them seeing it & find out the time they are usually online  ·   · 
    Sid SidnerSid Sidner shared a merged idea: offer auto-scheduling configuration like buffer.app  ·   · 
    OlmaOlma shared a merged idea: Have a cap on auto schedule  ·   · 
    Will MooreWill Moore shared a merged idea: Daily limit for autoscheduled posts  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Refine optimum send times so that you can specify 1 FB post per day 3 Twitter posts per day etc. for each account  ·   · 
    Jessica WiserJessica Wiser shared a merged idea: Can we schedule a post within a certain time frame? Ex: schedule 1 for optimum time Mon, another for Tues?  ·   · 
    Richie SiegelRichie Siegel shared a merged idea: A smarter auto schedule: If you have a tweet scheduled for 5p,. but you tweet at 4:55, it bumps the 5pm tweet to 5:30, to space it out  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Lock & Shuffle, Shuffle & Lock (for Autoschedule)  ·   · 
    Nick AndersonNick Anderson shared a merged idea: Add the ability to choose "impact" metric when autoscheduling messages  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Auto schedule customization  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: When auto-scheduling a tweet that starts or ends with #FF the tweet should be autoscheduled for best time the coming Friday.  ·   · 
    VIshalVIshal shared a merged idea: Auto Schedule  ·   · 
    DavidDavid shared a merged idea: give more user control to AutoSchedule.  ·   · 
    John BackesJohn Backes shared a merged idea: Autoschedule - allow scheduling parameters (like having "hours of operation," either on an account basis or for each stream...)  ·   · 
    Dave BondesonDave Bondeson shared a merged idea: Allow users to set a daily limit for auto-scheduled posts.  ·   · 
    Gemma DuffillGemma Duffill shared a merged idea: I love the autoscheduler but the internet is an international 24/7 thing - I'd like the option for the posts to be autoscheduled 24/7  ·   · 
    Andrew GrossmanAndrew Grossman shared a merged idea: give users the ability to create office hours within the auto-schedule feature.  ·   · 
    Annie GrahamAnnie Graham shared a merged idea: Auto-Schedule with order of importance.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Let people customize auto-scheduling of Tweets i.e. max of 3 per day or don't Tweet on weekends  ·   · 
    Francis MartinFrancis Martin shared a merged idea: To have a setting on the AutoScheduler to increase the number of retweets like doubling them up max.  ·   · 
    Joey BairdJoey Baird shared a merged idea: Allow the use of the autoschedule feature for days in the future.  ·   · 
    shreefshreef shared a merged idea: adding ability to set a minimum spacing time in AutoScheduling as it is un useful without it  ·   · 
    Tara DeMarcoTara DeMarco shared a merged idea: Pre-set a auto-schedule for posts, like Buffer  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: The new Auto Schedule is great, but please let me also select a date.  ·   · 
    ZohebZoheb shared a merged idea: Set a max number of auto tweets per day  ·   · 
    under review  ·  TravisAdminTravis (Admin, HootSuite) responded  · 

Hi everyone! Thank you for waiting.

As you may have noticed, we’ve recently released some updates to the HootSuite Autoscheduler. These updates will allow for customizing how many posts to be scheduled, what time frame to schedule them in, and what days of the week to schedule them for.

To find these Autoschedule options, click the gear icon next to the Autoschedule on/off toggle in the compose window or head to Settings>Autoschedule.

If you wish to learn more, please head to https://help.hootsuite.com/entries/21594338-Scheduling.

We’ll be keeping this feedback post open to let you know about any new additions to the HootSuite Autoscheduler as they become available.

Thanks for using HootSuite!
    Travis | Customer Support – Technical Lead | @HootSuite_Help

238 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • LaurenLauren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

p.s. I think this update is a start but besides the multiple posts per day issue I think we all want to be able to select the day and then let it select the time! Right everyone??

• April MacLeanApril MacLean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, please add the option to autoschedule on future dates! I want to schedule all my social media monday morning and it totally defeats the purpose.

• ShandiShandi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to let the auto scheduler choose the time, but I want to choose the day. Being able to schedule the day is very important for most of my Tweets, but I still could use help with the best time.

• NickNick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How many posts does it take for an action to be taken? Seems like this has a lot of votes and has been open for a long time.

• Laura GordonLaura Gordon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

E.g. sometimes I want to schedule for the next week or two weeks and want tit to post so I think just a check box for within a given time period would be great :)

• LyleLyle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Buffer has (or at least had) a really nice way of calculating optimum post times per day...and allowing me to setup specific times of day I preferred posts to go out. Right now Hootsuite's "Autoschedule" is totally "voodoo" to me...I have no idea how it's figuring out times to post. It seems nearly random.

Sometimes a post I create later will autoschedule before one I created and autoscheduled earlier. To illustrate:

Let's say it's 11:00 am and I'm creating new Twitter posts...
        Post #1 might autoshedule for 4:35 pm (no idea why)
        Post #2 might autoschedule for 5:15 pm (no idea why)
        Post #3 might autoschedule for 2:10 pm (before the others).

The order and timing on different netwworks will vary too.

• LuggingaLugginga commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree to a lot of comments here. Two functions I would like to find:

- Maximum posts per Day
        and/or
        - Autoplanning for a specific Date

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, this would really take it to the next level. I like the "per day" limit. I want to schedule 5 updates, but only 1/day.

• Culinary Equipment CompanyCulinary Equipment Company commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see three options.

1. Ability to schedule posts and tweets ahead of time for specific days, but then have them autoscheduled on that day for optimal timing.
        2. User set limit of how many posts can go out per day PER ACCOUNT. Eg. 3 posts a day for "Party Club" Facebook page. I run multiple accounts for multiple businesses, differentiating with this function would be not only necessary, but without it, it would be useless to me.
        3.Both 1 and 2. Having the option of both means when I'm sitting down to schedule my posts in advance I want control over date of the post (option 1) whilst using the auto-schedule function for optimal timing. In between while I'm browsing "ad hoc" and find something interest and click "auto-schedule" I want it to be able to pick up that for the next week I have already scheduled my 3 per day for this particular account and slot it in after wards sometime.

I vote for option 3

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please I need auto scheduler to have an option to limit how many posts it sends out per PER ACCOUNT. I run Facebook and Twitter accounts for mutliple businesses, so it would be important to differentiate between which one is being posted for concerning this.

• Sophie DavisSophie Davis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I desperately need to be able to schedule posts and tweets ahead of time for specific days, but then have them autoscheduled on that day for optimal timing

• HenriHenri commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would love to see an auto-scheduler that lets me choose on which date the tweet needs to go.

• Nathan ClarkNathan Clark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Second these comments. Please add a feature to limit the number of daily posts in the autoschedule feature.

• Alaia WilliamsAlaia Williams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm shocked that after YEARS of people asking for this feature that a max per day feature hasn't been added. Buffer has it and so does Sprout Social (which I was considering leaving to come back to Hootsuite...but that doesn't seem like the right choice). Can we get a heads up on if this is something that's at least in the works?

• MarkMark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah - a specific day would be great. Auto-schedule with a date picker defaulted to today

← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12

Feedback and Knowledge Base