I suggest you ...

Remove any 'via' tagging from status updates to Facebook

Allow posts to Facebook from HootSuite to look like they were made directly on Facebook.com, with no 'via' tag.

1,120 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    diamantisdiamantis shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    carloscarlos shared a merged idea: Hello, I want to know how to remove "sent from Hootsuite" on my Facebook posts.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: XY Shared a link. like you share a link directly in Facebook instead of: XY shared a link via HootSuite.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Remove "via Hootsuite" Tagging on Facebook Posts  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Remove via Hootsuite from posts  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: can v hide via hootsuite tag from status update? it appears everytime that makes the user very irritable  ·   · 
    D BruceD Bruce shared a merged idea: Hootsuite tag in Facebook messaging  ·   · 
    Andrew BirkettAndrew Birkett shared a merged idea: Via Hootsuite  ·   · 
    ChrisChris shared a merged idea: Can you remove  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: make Hootsuite white label  ·   · 
    MarianoMariano shared a merged idea: i think that you have to eliminate the sentence in facebook "through HootSuite" every time that you send a post  ·   · 
    Neriah LothamerNeriah Lothamer shared a merged idea: Remove: "via HootSuite" which shows up at the bottom of my tweets on my Facebook page, that makes it look like all the tweets are from you  ·   · 
    Melissa FassettaMelissa Fassetta shared a merged idea: Add a white-label service.  ·   · 
    IlaIla shared a merged idea: To give an option of - to remove "via HootSuite" link and logo from updates on FB and Twitter  ·   · 
    ferrisferris shared a merged idea: Take off the hootsuite icon and "via hootsuite" advertising on every post if you upgrade to "pro".  ·   · 
    Sandy GreenwoodSandy Greenwood shared a merged idea: Removal of "via Hootsuite" from Facebook posts.  ·   · 
    Bryan KramerBryan Kramer shared a merged idea: the ability to remove "via HootSuite" link and logo from updates (facebook and twitter)  ·   · 
    Anna MedeirosAnna Medeiros shared a merged idea: Would it be possible to have the "hootsuite" tag removed from posts?  ·   · 
    thefrogthefrog shared a merged idea: REMOVE YOUR LOGO FROM UPDATES!  ·   · 
    thefrogthefrog shared a merged idea: Remove your logo in facebook updates for pro  ·   · 
    LluciLluci shared a merged idea: Please include the ability to remove "via HootSuite" link and logo from updates  ·   · 
    JosefJosef shared a merged idea: publishing  ·   · 
    Kenny Jean BaptisteKenny Jean Baptiste shared a merged idea: New FEATURE!!!!  ·   · 
    rayray shared a merged idea: Revenue Stream: Charge $3 per month to remove the "via hootsuite" tag from Facebook. Co.'s will pay  ·   · 
    BollyDufferBollyDuffer shared a merged idea: allow removal of "sent via HootSuite"  ·   · 
    n/an/a shared a merged idea: have the ability to remove "via Hootsuite" tagline from scheduled tweets.  ·   · 
    M1K3 H@11M1K3 H@11 shared a merged idea: Allow enterprise users to post without it being tagged via Hootsuite, this would be great.  ·   · 
    CorinneCorinne shared a merged idea: remove hootsuite logo from posts on facebook, I would pay double what I pay now monthy for that!  ·   · 
    RemRem shared a merged idea: have the option of removing the "via hootsuite" tag on Facebook Updates for paid subscribers.  ·   · 
    bh854bh854 shared a merged idea: Posts on Facebok  ·   · 
    Jérôme de BeauvoirJérôme de Beauvoir shared a merged idea: white label publications  ·   · 
    EvaEva shared a merged idea: via hootsuite  ·   · 
    Briana Briana shared a merged idea: Hootsuite Advertising on Facebook Page  ·   · 
    ShelleyShelley shared a merged idea: Give us the option to get rid of the sent via hootsuite when we are sending out messages.  ·   · 
    eventidigitali srleventidigitali srl shared a merged idea: Add the ability to remove "via hootsuite" from facebook messages  ·   · 
    ChrisMuethingChrisMuething shared a merged idea: In hootsuite i miss a branding-option like in marketmesuite, will you programm that ?  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: as  ·   · 
    Neil RobertsNeil Roberts shared a merged idea: Allow a user to enter custom OAuth key/secret for an account so they can use a custom "via"  ·   · 
    elecray7kelecray7k shared a merged idea: have a way to turn off the owl icon on facebook posts -- it's cute, but unprofessional!  ·   · 
    completed  ·  SarahSarah responded  · 

We’re happy to update this feedback request with new information from Facebook. Facebook has recently removed the 3rd party ‘via’ tags from status updates to Facebook Pages. Status updates, links and posts from HootSuite will now appear as they do through Facebook natively.

Thank you for your continued feedback and support!

201 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • SandraSandra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

wow - no resolution to this it seems - can someone please provide a status update? I am new to Hootsuite and I don't want to invest energy knowing that everyone will know I am using it. I am using the tool to boost 'likes', not diminish them!

• JayJay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is untrue. Facebook still posts "links via HootSuite."

• JaneJane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Are there plans to remove "via" from Personal Profiles on FB?

• Hate via hsHate via hs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So now im the pro for hootsuits and still have ur via hootsuits... Now how i want to remove it either cancel join in pro hootsuit or ur cAncel the via hootsuit ??

• Shawn in SDShawn in SD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If I read this correctly, they removed the "via" from Pages but not personal Profiles. Am I correct on this? Do they have any plans to remove it from Profiles as well?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do not know in US, but we in Malaysia still get this "Via HootSuite". Is it because my account si still in trial mode?

• Leah Mackey SchultzLeah Mackey Schultz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Anyone know how to turn off location "via' tags on posts to FB pages when posting natively to brand pages?? Ex: "4 minutes ago near New York, NY " ??

• JoelJoel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has this been fixed? I just installed and set up hootsuite and noticed this on my first post(which I removed).

The admin comment at the top of this thread says it was removed, but it definitely just showed up when I posted to Facebook.

Is this a bug? Can I remove it? I'll keep messing with it, and I guess I will also explore other tools like this because I'm not going to use something that says "via hootsuite". I don't want my users to know what I'm using or whether or not I'm scheduling posts.

• JohnJohn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I for one would be happy to pay for it, not $1500 for the enterprise as I don't think the value is that high but there is definitely a cost that would be worth it... maybe $50 a month? The influx in business should more than make up for the loss in cross advertisement and brand recognition. It would easily give that boost over competition. As is I may not be able to continue with hootsuite as I definitely see a dramatic drop in likes we're usually in the thousands and its dropped to the hundreds so I would think Ebenlo@ iReco8o.com is correct with a 67% decrease in overall engagement. Please hurry.

• Karrie Karrie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are still seeing "via Hootsuite" on one page, but not on another. The page we still see it on is an older page that used HS with another SMM in the past, and the one that it isn't showing up on is a new page that was just set up a few weeks ago. Not sure if that's relevant but FYI.

• Ebenlo@ iReco8o.comEbenlo@ iReco8o.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Empirical data on the damage this is causing: "Facebook Content Published Via Third-Party Tools Suffers 67% Fewer Likes" http://bit.ly/ZYTeJ0

Thanks for the post Sarah, but no, the 'via' tags are still posting as of 19MAR2013.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Guys.. This is a multi million $ VC backed company. They know the value of the via branding give them. Do you really think they will listen to you. Their calculation is simple. Pro (use branding because the return is great for them in term of adversisement). Entreprise (don(t use it bcause they pay more). Dont waste your time. They know what they are doing to have viral marketing for free.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have tried everything out there. And the best seem's to be sendible .. I was gonna leave them to go to hootsuite only because of the auto schedule .. thanks hootsuite for being dumb. I find out you only remove it for enterprise users ? @ $1500 a month .. BYE BYE HOOTSUITE .. it was a hoot !

• Todd PalmieriTodd Palmieri commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If this is a Facebook issue, why can we use Sendible for Facebook and the rest with our own branding in the "via". Sure, they charge us an extra $15per month, but at least they are upfront about it.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11

Feedback and Knowledge Base