I suggest you ...

add a filter to block foursquare and gowalla.

or indeed any custom filter. This could be achieved easily by allowing operators such as '-term' or 'NOT term' to the existing filter system.

58 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Dan O'PreyDan O'Prey shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Juan Diego PoloJuan Diego Polo shared a merged idea: Filtering with no IFTTT, dlvr.it and twitterfeed tweets  ·   · 
    Amanda smithAmanda smith shared a merged idea: Come up with a way to disable foursquare check-in's from appearing on my twitter wall - we get so many that it's hard to find the questions!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: add a filter 'out' feature. Tweetdeck has one.  ·   · 
    Paula LondePaula Londe shared a merged idea: Block feed from "Tweet Old Post"  ·   · 
    KimberlyKimberly shared a merged idea: Enable filtering (inclusion or exclusion) of tweets by any app that the tweets originate from  ·   · 
    JimJim shared a merged idea: Add ability to block/hide foursquare tweets  ·   · 
    GregGreg shared a merged idea: Add ability to filter out foursquare check-ins  ·   · 
    Tom BetzTom Betz shared a merged idea: Provide the user ability to filter out noise tweets by source, i.e. Foursquare or Twifficiency.  ·   · 

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Kirk MunroKirk Munro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

3 votes added. twitterfeed is more often spam than not these days, and rather than block individual accounts (slow and painful), I would like to block twitterfeed completely. Ditto for twittbot.net.

Keep in mind that we need both blocks and filters for tools used to send tweets. Blocks to eliminate spam/noise (which is on the rise in twitter) and filters to channel content. For example, for foursquare, I might like to filter it out of the main tab on my dashboard when I'm on my desktop/laptop, but when I'm on a mobile device and on the go I might not want to filter it out because I'm interested in that sort of content. In this case, filters would be important because they would enable me to create a Mobile tab on my dashboard for all content that is important to me when I'm on a mobile device while at the same time allowing me to hide all of that noise from the other tabs that I use for non-mobile purposes.

Feedback and Knowledge Base