I suggest you ...

upgrade the schedule tweets function.

I use the scheduler too much. so it gets tiring and annoying to have to set the time every time for each tweet when i just want my tweets to go 5 mins apart. So lets us set a INTERVAL TIME, that way when i click on my hootsuite firefox addon, all i have to do is that and thats it. because from the settings i could set for what account i want my tweets to be tweeted every 5 mins or 10 or 15 or however often i want them to be apart.

i hope you guys understand what i am trying to explain here. Thanks that would save me so much time :)

279 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    DalsRDalsR shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    AaronAaron shared a merged idea: Allow specified time interval for future tweets.  ·   · 
    NonentityNonentity shared a merged idea: Add the ability to select more than one date for scheduled tweets!  ·   · 
    completed  ·  Ryan HolmesRyan Holmes responded  · 

We recently added bulk uploads. Add up to 50 scheduled tweets in a csv and upload. Hope you all enjoy.

51 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES - Hootsuite needs an auto-scheduler, much like what Timely.is has. It allows you to create tweets throughout the day, or all at once, and it automatically spaces them out for you, posting them at times when your followers are most active.

I have an international following, so tweets scheduled throughout the day and night are great for me. And scheduling the times by hand is massive waste of my time. Give me an interval, at least. It should be simple to schedule tweets to go live every hour, and just queue them up via the Hootlet or the dash.

Timely is great, but I wanted a more full fledged social media management tool.. but this feature is sorely missed.

How can we make this a part of Hootsuite?
        Thanks!

• @vuesociety@vuesociety commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

its not completed. the first 5 min from the time you try to schedule should say 'schedule' but it says 'send now'

• Jean Granger Jean Granger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Doesn't help to have bulk, because i have no idea what CSV is, or how to do it..isnt that what u guys are for? I joined to schedule tweets 4 4 different accnts from one panel. If this isnt possible I must cancel, I paid 5.99 for the Bulk..than saw it was a disaster, for a novice. Thankyou...Helplessly..seeking hope! Jean

• John GogganJohn Goggan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In my opinion, this really shouldn't be closed as "completed." What the original requester was asking for had very little to do with anything that is solved by bulk uploads from a CSV file. It would be much better solved by not reseting EVERYTHING back to the defaults when you go to schedule something. I.e. fill in the LAST info we used, so we can just adjust the time a bit if we are doing a few scheduled posts in a row.

I don't need to do a bulk upload of dozens of events. I just want to be able to easily schedule a few in a row that are timed appropriately -- without having to re-pick the date and time for each one of them. Improving the interface of the scheduler to not reset would much better solve issues like this than bulk uploads from a CSV file.

On a side note, changing the interface to allow 1-minute increments instead of just 5-minute ones would also be great when you're improving the scheduler's interface. 5 minutes can be forever in the real world -- having it down to the minute would be great!

- John...

• DalsRDalsR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

oh my i forgot about this suggestion i had done lol, and just read all comments, i didnt think of it being used by spammers, but i am not a spammer, however i do have a site that is updated very often with diferent ideas and i need to broadcast those ideas on my twitter feed but dont want to blast my followers with a bunch of updates, i never meant this feature to be used for repetitive tweets, but i just wanted to be able to automatically schedule the tweets so they post 5 - 10 - 15... minutes apart. because i use the firefox addon to generate the tweets that would save me so much time as i have to manually write each one. but thanks for the feedback everyone :) and i will try the bulk uploads and see if it can help me. i been actually using Tweetattacks for this feature but it is $149, thanks everyone.

• ReDirectReDirect commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, I came on to make a similar suggestion. I personally like the spreadsheet upload so I can plan posts out in advance and then upload them. I haven't used this feature yet but, from what I understand, I can set the date and time I would like the post made. I wanted to make the suggestion that I upload a bunch of posts and set an interval of my choosing as to how often they go out. Great feature - thanks!

• Çağdaş ÜnalÇağdaş Ünal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Copy a tweet and schedule it again and again. We can do this manually. But why don't you make it easier? ;) It's not about social network's stupid TOS. It's about you and us.

• KamichatKamichat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Once I schedule a tweet can you at least clear the box so I can use the service as normal without waiting for the tweet to go out. And yes, the ability to add a couple of scheduled tweets (just limit the number) would be helpful. BTW, I am not a fan of the spreadsheet upload method, would think a simple interface where they are manually entered would be fine.

• Brita MullerBrita Muller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have way too many Twitter/FB accounts to manage and this would help me out so I don't go crazy!

• AndyChartAndyChart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Listen very carefully, I will say zis only once: No thank you.
        (Too many repeated tweets out there already.)

• HumancellHumancell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes!! I want to be able to set the "Interval" on my profile, and then each time I schedule a tweet, it would automatically default the date and time to be the time of the last scheduled tweet PLUS the interval.

I too use HootSuite to schedule out into the future ... I would want to maybe say my interval is 55 minutes ... and then as I schedule they would just be added at the proper interval.

To enhance this further, please add a couple of other default values:

Interval: the incremental number of minutes to be added for teh next tweet
        Variance: the number of minutes to vary interval by (+/- 10 minutes)
        Starting Time: the time of day that I want to start tweets
        Ending Time: the time of day I want to stop tweeting

With these four, you would provide a truly automated way for me to "fill my queue" of tweets to be sent out ... and when!

• Mollee BauerMollee Bauer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And I wanted to add, I looked at ObjectiveMarketer -- why should I pay for something I could get for free? Hootsuite does all that and then some, just not the recurring scheduling -- so yes, I'd use all my votes but want to save some. Really think on it -- at least for the responsible companies (and no, I know you can't weed out responsible vs not responsible web companies...)

• Mollee BauerMollee Bauer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to have, say for recurring #followfridays type stuff... My mind goes numb programming it in ahead of time -- not that I mind, just very time consuming. For those who would use it properly, would be a great addition. This isn't to spam but to make the application even better.

• Ray LaneRay Lane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There may be people that use it irresponsibly. But those folks are going to do it by hand anyway. Besides, that would be between the poster and twitter.....and the followers of that person. Don't leave out a needed feature because some people may abuse it.

• joeyoopsjoeyoops commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What would be wrong with having a few signature tweets that go off at specified times throughout the day...

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base