I suggest you ...

More Tabs

Due to our agency running managing multiple social media accounts, we are in need of more tabs! The limit of 20 is too low for an agency - especially as we are growing accounts!

53 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Stephanie WonderlinStephanie Wonderlin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Have More than 20 Tabs + Group Website Tabs into One  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Changing Tab and Stream Limits  ·   · 
    Bryan Allen Smith IIIBryan Allen Smith III shared a merged idea: Tabs - Can´t you make it more user friendly  ·   · 
    Valters BozeValters Boze shared a merged idea: 20 tabs maximum? what the hell just happened?  ·   · 
    Adam CoxAdam Cox shared a merged idea: Extend the tab limit  ·   · 
    LorienLorien shared a merged idea: add more tabs. I monitor more than 20 Twitter accounts!  ·   · 
    under review  ·  Chris from HootSuiteChris from HootSuite responded  · 

The current limit tabs is due to performance considerations for web browsers. However, as technology evolves, this may be something we reformat in the future.

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am running a multiple social media accounts and we are in need of more tabs. What could we do to increase our number of tabs? Do we need to pay more? Thanks

• JulieJulie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

HOOTSUITE sucks for business use. Please improve with more tabs!

You mention you can have "unlimited accounts" but only allow 20 tabs. That doesn't make sense... and please do not reply with "you can have a lot of streams". That is not a solution for my, and per this forum, looks like many people's issue.

One company per tab is what we require and desire...

I use Hootsuite for professional use, I manage the social media for companies. I have more companies than you allow tabs so, Hootsuite, you better revise your tab limits or people like me and others will be dropping you.

PS - I have a guy who can develop a better program with more tab capability if you want to meet him. Not kidding. He can make it work for you.

• DonnaDonna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If tabs are the issue why not remove tabs? Make it a dropdown list? Or just a list? I only want to work with one set of streams at a time. I don't need open tabs, just access to them. Could work like boards in Trello. A Hootsuite stream would work the same as a trello card on a treelo board. The board would be the social account. Then more accounts would be possible I think? Just a thought.

• Brett FishBrett Fish commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm in the same boat as I manage more than 60 social media accounts. I hit the same wall as I like to have one tab for each business I manage, and then have all of their SM profiles in that one tab. One way to work around it is to setup tabs for "Facebook Wall Posts", "Facebook Scheduled Messages, etc.", where you put all of the streams of that one type in the same tab. Not ideal, but a way to work around it and stay in HootSuite.

• Valters BozeValters Boze commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

found out a solution. just click on "add stream" button, not the "+" button to add tab, thus it ignores the count and now i have happy 30 tabs :)

• Valters BozeValters Boze commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

oh and i just deleted a couple and now have 20 tabs and it still says 20 tabs maximum, even after page refresh..

• Melanie RemyMelanie Remy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just wondering how we are doing with the whole "tab thing." I LOVE using HootSuite - can't image business without it - but I'm going to have to look for something else b/c of the tab limitations! PLEASE CONSIDER adding more tabs!

• LorienLorien commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hootsuite is great for monitoring 20 Twitter accounts, but if I want to add more tabs, I'm out of luck. I would love to see more tabs allowed.

Feedback and Knowledge Base