Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AnonymousAnonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Would love a "posted by" steam filter for use in my Facebook stream.  ·   · 
    Thomas Due HalfdanerThomas Due Halfdaner shared a merged idea: It would be good if you could block apps / games from facebook freed  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Filter home stream by user, #, and source of tweet.  ·   · 
    TimTim shared a merged idea: Add Filtering for Facebook Streams. I would like to user the list I already setup in Facebook.  ·   · 
    under review  ·  SarahSarah responded  · 

Hi there!

Thanks for this suggestion. I believe we may be able to fix this for you. Please try reconnecting your Facebook profile through these steps exactly: http://ow.ly/c9lgn. Following this, clear your cache through Settings> Preferences.

This should pull in only the posts you’d like. If not, let me know by commenting below and we can keep investigating!

Sarah | @HootSuite_Help | HootSuite Help Desk – http://ow.ly/dBnBz

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • SilkeSilke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am appalled that the first request was posted over two years ago, and I've just started using Hootsuite and got to this page because I couldn't find a way to block all those game notifications.
        Appears there isn't one. Which means the app is useless for me and already off my phone.
        Fix it.
        Now.

• JamesJames commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've only started using Hootsuite and was shocked to see that all I can actually see on my FB feed is post after post from freinds' games Apps. Unless these can be blocked it's fairly useless!! I won't wade through them all to find posts I actually want to see.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I tried this in Windows 7 as well, with Chrome and Firefox, and still no joy. Thanks for trying.

I tried it in Firefox and Chrome (Mint Linux 14) and it did not help. Still showing all game notifications. I will try it also in Windows 7 and get back to you. Thanks!

Absolutely this is essential. Can't believe how many game notifications, etc. that I've filtered out on my Facebook news feed that are showing up on Hootsuite! I thought some of my "friends" had quit Facebook... nope! They're just playing Facebook games!

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All these game requests that are normally filtered out are showing up and killing me! So far I'm enjoying this experience but I'll go back to tweetdeck if not repaired.

• Hans SeidemannHans Seidemann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Though not quite as angry as the poster above, I agree totally. If it's possible, it REALLY should get done, as it's incredibly irritating to have my HS facebook feed cluttered with ads and games.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tweetdeck already does this, so no excuses. There is a reason people filter their feed on facebook and ignore users, sources, and apps that add noise to the signal. If we get our FB feed on hootsuite, we should have it filtered just as it is on Facebook

This is a given, and a deal-breaker if it's not addressed.

Feedback and Knowledge Base