Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Lisa L MooreLisa L Moore shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    HenriHenri shared a merged idea: For LinkedIn posts: ability to attach images  ·   · 
    DelbaDelba shared a merged idea: allow linkedin updates via hootsuite to pull images from a webpage like facebook and g+  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: LinkedIN and Google+ thumbnails from the auto scheduler  ·   · 
    Sana AhmedSana Ahmed shared a merged idea: create a thumbnail for Linkedin Groups and Companies  ·   · 
    Cody Caissie Cody Caissie shared a merged idea: Posting to LinkedIn should be able to render the preview hoot suit creates. It sadly doesn't in regards to the image / text preview  ·   · 
    Laura BlantonLaura Blanton shared a merged idea: LinkedIn Company Page Integration Needs Work - Postings Look Blah  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Hootsuite should enable the preview mode for LinkedIn group as it is doing for Facebook.  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: add LinkedIn preview like Facebook  ·   · 
    David GómezDavid Gómez shared a merged idea: Preview links for LinkedIn Groups  ·   · 
    CJCJ shared a merged idea: linkedin thumbnail images  ·   · 
    Mic JohnsonMic Johnson shared a merged idea: Mic Johnson, Jun-23 11:33 (PDT): Hello: I've noticed that Hootsuite currently lets you select a pict  ·   · 
    Mathieu TerzianMathieu Terzian shared a merged idea: Generate link preview for linkedin  ·   · 
    SivaSiva shared a merged idea: LinkedIn preview like Facebook  ·   · 
    completed  ·  TravisAdminTravis (Admin, HootSuite) responded  · 

Hello!

We are happy to announce the return of thumbnail previews and descriptions when posting from HootSuite to LinkedIn Personal Profiles, Company Pages, and Groups!

Going forward, editable thumbnail previews will generate in HootSuite when posting to the above social network profiles.

Thank you all for your patience!

30 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Bethany Luck-HutsonBethany Luck-Hutson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This does not work for me for any LinkedIn posts. Not only does the preview not work, but the link also does not post properly in LinkedIn groups - they only post inline. Is anyone else having problems posting links on LinkedIn, especially in groups?

• singermattsingermatt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sarah, You specifically do not mention this ability to be available with LinkedIn Groups. I create a post on Hootsuite for a LinkedIn Group, no preview before or after sending neither in Hootsuite nor LinkedIn. I still need to post directly within my LinkedIn Groups bypassing Hootsuite.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I *love* using HootSuite for work, but it seems that what people are stating below is correct. If I use HootSuite to post to my organization's LinkedIn group, it only posts a truncated part of the text and says "click to read more". There's no link preview generated on the actual LinkedIn page unless you post there directly; on HootSuite, though, everything looks like it will be fine when it posts. I really don't think I'd consider HootSuite the top social media program unless it worked seamlessly with LinkedIn as well as these other sites.

I see that the solution posted above states the *opposite* of what is actually going on: the preview DOES show on HootSuite, but does NOT show on LinkedIn. I hope that this is addressed as soon as possible. Thanks!

• BB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add a feature that gives us the ability to customize the URL title when posting to LinkedIn via HootSuite. This would be very helpful! The current setup is essentially useless when it comes to posting URLs to LinkedIn and it would be really great to have the ability to customize the titles. Love HootSuite otherwise, though. Fabulous program!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any news on this? It really does not save much of my time if I have to post manually to Google profile and Linked-in... or track if my links were removed from automatic posts on Linked-in. When will we get some answers?

• Natalie Natalie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this? Other folks...when you post directly to LinkedIn to get the thumbnail preview functionality, do you use an ow.ly generated link?

• GeorgeGeorge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree with D.K. and Alex. More than half of my content promotion is aimed at linked in groups. Now it is just easier to post first to my Linked In company page then share from there sans HootSuite. So what I have is basically HootSuite to post to my Facebook page, twitter and my Google+ page. As you can see really not saving that much time using your tool.

• D.K.D.K. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sarah, can you tell us when this feature will be functional? And when it will be available for LinkedIn Groups?

• alexalex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, not having the ability to use a thumbnail image makes posting to LinkedIn groups pointless.

• LaurenLauren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I second Marilyn's comments as welll, this is the only reason I've been looking to a Hootsuite alternative. With over 30,000 followers on the LinkedIn page I manage I'm hyper sensitive of the content that is posted and that includes the image that's attached to my company updates. Until I'm able to edit the thumbnail in Hootsuite I will not be able to use it for the most prominent social media channel I manage and that's a major disappointment.

• Rajagopalan CRajagopalan C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When are you planning to release this to Users as when I checked just now, it still has the same issue where the hootsuite post becomes the Article Title

• Rajagopalan CRajagopalan C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should be taken up really fast. It would be pointless to look for some other tool to make it happen

• MarilynMarilyn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is honestly the only reason I have been searching for another social media tool to use. At this time, posting to Linkedin is extremely cumbersome because I have to bypass hootsuite and post directly through Linkedin. It is also the only reason I have not upgraded to the proversion as we do a lot of linkedin posting and it seems silly for us to pay for a service that we can't even use the way we want to use it.

• MichaelMichael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an absolute must-have for us too... especially for LinkedIn group postings, which look highly lackluster when using Hootsuite...

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base