I suggest you ...

Schedule Facebook post for scheduled, but yet unpublished blog post

It's great that we can schedule facebook posts with the image, but the blog post has to be live to do this. I would love the ability to enter my blog admin credentials so when I schedule a week's worth of blog posts to auto post in the future I can also pre-schedule the facbook posts before the blog post has gone live. We need a way for hootsuite to get into the blog and pull the info. Or whichever way is best; the bottom line is: it doesn't do any good to schedule a facebook post for a blog post that's already live. I want to be able to schedule a blog post in advance AND schedule the facebook post for that blog post, so both the blog post AND the facebook post for it automatically go up when they should in the future. Now, if I enter the info for a scheduled blog post that isn't live yet, it just gives me the main blog page info, which is useless.

40 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AndyAndy shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • kk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, this would be quite helpful. Hootsuite is less useful without this fix.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Too bad...over a year ago this idea became under review. Not showing the post thumbnail for scheduled tweets makes HootSuite pointless for me, since posts without a picture rarely get clicked on.

• PeterPeter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have the same problem. At the moment we post the old fashion way by hand and don't schedule. A solution would be great!

• TNG MichaelTNG Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES! This is the exact problem we're having. If the post is scheduled but not yet published, HootSuite doesn't grab the content. Why doesn't HootSuite simply update what it pushes to Facebook at the scheduled time, instead of when the scheduled job is created?

Feedback and Knowledge Base