I suggest you ...

Split long tweets into multiple tweets automatically

While typing my thoughts and if some of the thoughts extend, I'd like to have hootsuite just cut it out into a new tweet rather than limit the tweet.... me tweeting... and than having to type the later half on a new tweet. Why can't it just happen as I write?

21 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Neil QuadrosNeil Quadros shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Chris from HootSuiteChris from HootSuite responded  · 

This may help users who constantly come into conflict with the Twitter character limit.

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Evan DornEvan Dorn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 to this. Manually constructing multi-tweets is extremely tedious, and could easily be done by the software.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to see this feature. The inability to post more than the 140char limit is often frustrating. If HootSuite could simply split tweets for me, it would be great. I understand Twitter has nixed any hope of HootSuite ever incorporating the ability to post longer tweets natively; this is the next best option.

• Alejandro LenguaAlejandro Lengua commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The competition (tweetdeck) has that feature.. I like your product more, so I would like if Hootsuite had that feature too

Feedback and Knowledge Base