I suggest you ...

Lower the price for new analytics. $50/ per report is very high

The reports look great, but at 10x the monthly cost of a pro membership, they seem very overpriced, considering most of the data you can get for free from their respective networks.

43 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    synidesynide shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Jason GuestJason Guest shared a merged idea: lower your pricing on reporting capabilities  ·   · 

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • allenallen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Making Google + report access an enterprise level option is quite frankly bullshit. Hootsuite's biggest weaknesses will be another's strength. How does Sprout do with reporting, do they charge more if you want lettuce on the hamburger?

• MPR18MPR18 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Problem with pricing the reports is that Hootsuite's Pro account is only 10$/month, other companies offering unlimited reports usually range in the 1500/3000$ a month (Expion etc.).
        Now selling reports for 50$, if you have like 10 clients to report every month, Hootsuite's prices are the same as any other company.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Its a marketing gimmick, a nickel and dime approach. Other social media services include reports, and they cost $50 to $70 a month for comparable service. Hootsuite says they are only $9.99 a month. But when you get down to it , its more like the same price as other services once you get the reporting added.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't understand why each additional report is $50, why wouldn't I just create multiple accounts at $10 each... well besides that its inconvenient. I feel as if a friend and I went to a restaurant to get an advertised $5 burger, when we arrive they tell us we have to order one at a time. So I say, I'd like a $5 burger. And I pay for it. Then my friend says, I'd like a $5 burger too. Then they say, did you come with him? And my friend says yes. Then they say, I'm sorry only the first burger is $5, you'll have to pay $25 for yours. That is unless you want to leave, come back and sit by yourself.

• iX MediaiX Media commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's actually cheaper for me to hire a full time person to pull all 160 of my reports each month manually than it is to use your new analytics

• Renee DunawayRenee Dunaway commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you've done any kind of listening vendor diligence, you'll see that $50 is a steal. Considering I sometimes spend 5 hours pulling and interfacing the data that these reports can potentially automate, that's $50 versus $500.

However, I'm disappointed in the quality of data and the export of reports. They don't allow for disambiguations of brand names, such as searching for all keywords as they related to both "brandasoneword" and "proper brand name." As well, the influencer mentions data is not working for me-- I'm concerned with influencers who mention our @brand and who speak of our brand.

So potentially, $50 is an absolute steal. However, some improvements must be made before it becomes a useful tool.

• HoolahHoolah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seem overpriced?? You have a knack for understatement my friend. They are outrageously priced. For goodness sake Hootsuite, price the reports @ $5 or $10 for any report each month and you have my business, otherwise you might as well take my business anyway, as you'll be taking all my profits.

Feedback and Knowledge Base