I suggest you ...

Combine multiple streams into one column

It would be super helpful to be able to create a container stream (column) that could have other streams added to it.

In other words, I would like to be able to create a column two which I could assign arbitrary stream sources.

For example, I want Home for a Twitter account for a brand, News Stream for a Facebook Page for a brand and a Twitter search related to that brand all in one column.

The options for a stream column are currently, "Filter By" and "Delete Stream." What I would see is, "Add another stream..." that would allow me to include any other stream that I could otherwise include as its own column.

576 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Beau SimensenBeau Simensen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Richard CollinsRichard Collins shared a merged idea: unify Facebook and twitter feeds  ·   · 
    Pawel DebskiPawel Debski shared a merged idea: LinkedIn: Single stream with status updates from multiple LI profiles  ·   · 
    ناصر الشامناصر الشام shared a merged idea: to collect updates from all my groups in one stream  ·   · 
    YasserYasser shared a merged idea: new idea  ·   · 
    Adrian Adrian shared a merged idea: have ability to combine streams  ·   · 
    Ryan BallardRyan Ballard shared a merged idea: integrate timelines  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: allow multiple accounts in one stream. Color coding could indicate what certain posts are from.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: emulate the interface of Splitweet, which you recently bought: giving a choice of viewing multiple accounts in a single channel  ·   · 
    Damon GrimesDamon Grimes shared a merged idea: Consolidated Streams  ·   · 
    roman jurikroman jurik shared a merged idea: enable custom grouping of streams  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: be able to see multiple feeds in one feed  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: give a feed mixed from all networks with intensive filtering options  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: I want to be able to monitor, in one stream, all the LinkedIn group posts or comments I've made and any responses to those  ·   · 
    Philippe BeaudryPhilippe Beaudry shared a merged idea: Merge accouts flow  ·   · 
    JohnJohn shared a merged idea: have an all-in-one inbox for Tweets and FB  ·   · 
    Tommy VTommy V shared a merged idea: allow a column to use multiple accounts  ·   · 
    MiquelMiquel shared a merged idea: Unified TimeLine  ·   · 
    JulzJulz shared a merged idea: "One stream to rule them all"  ·   · 
    Wellington LimaWellington Lima shared a merged idea: Blended Columns  ·   · 
    CanydaCanyda shared a merged idea: Combined columns  ·   · 
    AdamAdam shared a merged idea: Mention, retweet, sent columns which combine multiple accounts  ·   · 
    Norman WilliamsNorman Williams shared a merged idea: Would love to put twitter and facebook into one column for web. Saves space!  ·   · 
    Steven HodgesSteven Hodges shared a merged idea: would love to be able to combine feeds. Say all mentions or all DM's from all accounts in one feed  ·   · 
    Kevin DiffilyKevin Diffily shared a merged idea: Combined Twitter List View  ·   · 
    mnisbetmnisbet shared a merged idea: search inbox / overview  ·   · 
    adam.tuttleadam.tuttle shared a merged idea: Add a special column that combines mentions for multiple/all accounts  ·   · 
    AaronAaron shared a merged idea: Allow multiple input sources for a single column. For example, allow mentions and direct messages.  ·   · 
    Julien FerlaJulien Ferla shared a merged idea: Creat a home feed column with more than one twitter account  ·   · 

42 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • PaulPaul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pawel, you're just guessing. It's a bad result if HootSuite simply latches onto your comment for justification to ignore the vast majority who are asking for this. Moreover, HootSuite has never given a technical reason for refusing to include this basic feature (see, e.g., Tweetdeck).

Again, you're just guessing.

• Pawel DebskiPawel Debski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have just realized that HootSuite may have a serious architectural problem in adding this feature due to basic design choices made long time ago. If it is indeed so no hope in having this implemented soon.

• AndiAndi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want this too. Its a deal breaker to be honest. Especially on the mobile app

The only thing HootSuite has said about this, in October 2011, is: "We’re considering further ways to allows users to customize their streams."

2-1/2 years later, nothing. Clearly no interest in customer feedback.

• AbdulAbdul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This request is so obvious.. Why would we want to have 20 stream tabs when it can be consolidated into one?? All your competitors have this already! We should be able to select any accounts and display (and filter / search) in a single column.

• Lori Anne BrownLori Anne Brown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree. I would love 1 column where i could monitor mentions for example of all my brands on twitter, etc. Would be a LOT easier than looking at each individual mention column.

• AlexAlex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really hope this comes soon. Would make my life much easyer and faster workflow to just have one Home stream for all my accounts.

• ZamaZama commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yeap totally agree. merging few streams/lists even from multiple accounts sounds very convinient.

So basically, HootSuite has totally ignored this compelling, high-demand feature request for 2-1/2 years. Does the developer department do anything?

• Julie RussonJulie Russon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also find this feature very helpful. For example, I would like to combine a mentions stream and a keyword search stream into one.

• KilsallyKilsally commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No nothing Andre - this has been available on the Tweetcaster Android / iPhone app for ages but have yet to find another mobile app or desktop app that allows you to merge multiple streams of twitter lists into 1 stream so they are in chronological order rather than having to look at each list individually

• Andre WilleyAndre Willey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This was discussed 18 months ago, has this been implemented yet? Particularly for the Android app version in my case - I want to be able to have a single widget view showing my main Twitter feed and my DMs in time/date order for example.

• Alan DayAlan Day commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tweetcaster app on Android and iphone allows you to view multiple lists combined into one stream - very useful when you have several large lists which when combined goes over the 500 maximum limit - would be great for one of the desktop apps to feature this or indeed merge different social networks into one ffed ie facebook/twitter/google+/linkedin

• Levi WallachLevi Wallach commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Now that there's an Android Widget this is particularly relevant for me. When going into the app, it's not a huge issue - you've already taken the time to go in and can easily slide between two streams. But with the widget, you either have to stick to one stream, fit two on the page by placing them one on top of the other thus making both very short and cramped, or pushing one to an entirely new screen. Having all of them show up in one area that you can just endlessly scroll would really be optimal here!

• James WilsonJames Wilson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be nice to have columns that could contain more than one stream, and consolidate the lot.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base