I suggest you ...

Audio/visual notifications as seperate and 'per stream' setting please

Please make it possible to separately enable or disable audio and/or visual notifications from Stream => Preferences. Default to preference from general settings.

44 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    maikrmaikr shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Ryan SalvaneraRyan Salvanera shared a merged idea: Add a visual notifications for streams that are not visible (on the right side)  ·   · 
    LoogieLoogie shared a merged idea: Allow user to select notifications preferences (none, Mention/DM's, All) for each list/stream  ·   · 
    Erin D.Erin D. shared a merged idea: Add the ability to have audio-visual notifications per-stream  ·   · 
    Shayne PinnockShayne Pinnock shared a merged idea: Notification settings per column  ·   · 
    Michael ElbertMichael Elbert shared a merged idea: Audio/visual notifications on specific streams  ·   · 
    Avi KaplanAvi Kaplan shared a merged idea: seperate options for notification visuals and audio  ·   · 
    Mike WillnerMike Willner shared a merged idea: Audio Alert for Tweets Tagged as #hot  ·   · 

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AlexAlex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good point, this kind of notifications would be even best for smartphones apps, at this moment we only get the amount of notifications displayed in the app icon. It would be great to show notifications for each stream, don't you think?
        Thank you guys!

• Shayne PinnockShayne Pinnock commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What I am referring to, is that instead of the only option is to hear a notices when my TimeLine gets updated. Each column can have settings of its own to make an update sound or not. Because, I dont want to be notified when my TL updates, I just want to hear or see a notification when I get mentioned, or receive a DM. Although some would like that feature they can choose to have it make an update notification in the column settings. Same can go with the Facebook, or other account columns.

• Vjeko KoncVjeko Konc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is, so far, the only feature I am missing with HootSuite. I'm used to having notifications only on mentions and DMs, so now when I get notifications on each update of the home feed, I get a lot of unneccesary distractions during my day.

Feedback and Knowledge Base