I suggest you ...

Schedule tweets via email

I often use a variety of different apps on iOS for looking at tweets - flipboard, tweetmag etc., and I'd love to be able to schedule tweets by emailing links from these apps to whatever address and have them schedule in Hootsuite.

For example, the email topic would be Tuesday, 10am, and the content of the email would be the Tweet. If the tweet was more than 140 characters it would be automatically shortened with ow.ly - any links in the post would also automatically be shortened with ow.ly

Thanks for your consideration.

26 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jacob CreechJacob Creech shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Kristy HarrisKristy Harris shared a merged idea: Post via E-mail  ·   · 
    Mike DavidsonMike Davidson shared a merged idea: Please, Please, Please - allow posting from e-mail. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.  ·   · 
    under review  ·  Chris from HootSuiteChris from HootSuite responded  · 

This is an interesting suggestion. We’ll continue to monitor this thread to gauge interest from other HootSuite users.

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • MatthewMatthew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 -- this would be a great feature, especially for collaborators. Others could email the tweet / post without needing to log in to the front-end, and the admin could approve.

• MartaMarta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree! Need to be able to schedule posts via email (fb too!), otherwise I'm using buffer for that...

• SellaroSellaro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the only missing feature that prevents me from using Hootsuite as my killer social app. In the meantime, I am using Buffer + Hootsuite. A total +1 for this.

Feedback and Knowledge Base