I suggest you ...

Allow viewing of timelines of private profiles of people you follow

Hootsuite is the ONLY Twitter app I have in which I can't view the timelines of the people I follow if their profile is set to private. Even though their profile is private, I am STILL supposed to be able to view their timeline because I am actually following them. Hootsuite is the only Twitter app that doesn't allow you to view private timelines of the people you follow. That really sucks. This needs to be fixed immediately.

11 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    KiKiKiKi shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    BradBrad shared a merged idea: Really wish @hootsuite would show timeline of private accounts that you're following. Kind of frustrating.  ·   · 
    started  ·  SarahSarah responded  · 

If you follow a protected twitter account, their tweets will show up in your Home Feed. At this time, timelines from the profile pop-up are pulled through a public search and are unable to pull private users tweets.

We’ll look at changing this functionality soon! Thanks for your feedback.

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • TroyTroy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with this. I can't even look at my own wife's (who is a teacher) timeline because she has her tweets set to private so that her students can search for her. I (and I am assuming many others) would like to be able to see me friends timeline no matter what their settings are if they are allowing me to follow them even though they are set to private.

• KiKiKiKi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well of course private tweets are unable to be viewed in search streams...and they shouldn't be due to the fact that the person has made their tweets private to prevent the public from viewing them. So I do understand that.

I just don't understand why Hootsuite, which happens to be a GREAT app that has so many different features (and more being added), doesn't allow us to view private Twitter timelines of the people we're actually following. I can't even view my own girlfriend's Twitter timeline because her tweets are set to private...and of course I'm following my girlfriend. So will Hootsuite be fixing this soon?

Feedback and Knowledge Base