I suggest you ...

Build on the great new LinkedIn groups functionality by allowing posts to the group jobs tab

As LinkedIn is heavily used by companies for recruitment it would make sense to add the ability to post jobs to the group jobs tab instead of only allowing posts to the discussions

48 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AndyAndy shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: LinkedIn Update  ·   · 
    Gabriel SteinhardtGabriel Steinhardt shared a merged idea: Add the ability to selectively post to LinkedIn groups in either the Discussions or Promotions or Jobs sections.  ·   · 

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jessica FleerJessica Fleer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update in this? This will be the determining factor for our company as well as to whether or not we use HootSuite at all. I see this has been open for 2 years now. Is this something that HootSuite cannot do?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a recruiter in the Tech industry, I have found that Hootsuite doesn't work ideally for me to post jobs on social media pages without the ability to post under "Job Discussions". Recently after using hootsuite my posts are getting flagged by admins and moved manually to "job discussions". At my company there are dozens of recruiters that would use Hootsuite if we had the ability to pick the location of our posts within LinkedIn Group and placing them under "job discussions". This is just at my recruiting agency...I am sure there are hundreds of others with my situation.

• Joachim BauernbergerJoachim Bauernberger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hoped that HootSuite would take all the pain out of posting to individual LN boards ...

Therefore this item is so crucial for me that it decides whether I will continue using HootSuite as Premium or go back to manually posting in my social networks within simple browser tabs.

• SarahAdminSarah (Admin, HootSuite) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi David!

Thanks for getting in touch with us. I've forwarded your information over to one of our Customer Advocates in order to get you the best possible answer. She'll be in touch shortly.

Sincerely,

Sarah

• David ButlerDavid Butler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, I'm the manager of a large professional-technical group on LinkedIn. We have strict rules prohibiting announcements, press releases or other promotional messages to be posted in the Discussions area. Over the past month or so I've had to put several members on moderated status because they are using HootSuite to broadcast their event announcements. This puts an additional burden on me to approve and direct their messages to the appropriate place.

I tried in vain to find an email or phone number for HootSuite to confirm this wasn't just a configuration issue (twitter is hardly an appropriate forum for this type of inquiry). Fortunately I found this forum. If this problem continues to grow, I will be forced to revoke the membership of those who insist on using HootSuite to broadcast messages into my group. In the meantime, I will be filing a complaint with LinkedIn management and encouraging other group owners and managers to do the same.

• Susan PeichSusan Peich commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any progress on this? Right now, posts to LinkedIn from HootSuite get posted to the Discussions area of a group, is that correct? It would be great to choose which area of a group to post in (Discussions, Promotions, Jobs, etc.) because LinkedIn is getting very strict about what is being asked and where.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a huge feature addition - as posting to Jobs Discussion section greatly impacts ability to monitor and message the right people within groups

• John ReaganJohn Reagan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is something I would love to have in HootSuite. Posting jobs to the general discussions will get you banned from most groups.

Feedback and Knowledge Base