I suggest you ...

Upload images directly to Twitter.com (not to ow.ly)

You can now easily upload images and share images with your tweets directly from twitter.com no need to use any other website or application. Can you please add an option to upload images via HootSuite directly to Twitter.com and not to ow.ly?

770 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    illi.proilli.pro shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    EvanEvan shared a merged idea: Allow pictures attached to a tweet appear as twitpic links, instead of .owlys.  ·   · 
    Going Green Film FestGoing Green Film Fest shared a merged idea: attach images to twitter feeds  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Your links take WAY too long to load! Also, please allow us to post photos directly to Twitter. I have to re-post every day which greatly  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Owly is just unacceptable.  ·   · 
    Danielle Danielle shared a merged idea: Allow images to be linked to twitter through a twitter link, not an owly link.  ·   · 
    Tom.Tom. shared a merged idea: Sort out twitter picture media gallery  ·   · 
    CharlieCharlie shared a merged idea: allow pictures to be posted on twitter without ow.ly links. just pic.twitter.com so they pop up without clicking through links  ·   · 
    BeeBee shared a merged idea: allow photos/videos uploaded from Hootsuite and ow.ly to be included in the "pictures and video menu  ·   · 
    KennyKenny shared a merged idea: Twit.pic PLEASSSSSSSSSEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!  ·   · 
    KerenKeren shared a merged idea: allow photos to appear in the Twitter sidebar on the 'me' page  ·   · 
    MattMatt shared a merged idea: make Twitter just like Facebook and G+ with the image links loading as images instead of just links  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: I don't want to see the image address in my tweets! People find it confusing if I have a website link and there is also an image link.  ·   · 
    MattMatt shared a merged idea: do the same with Twitter as you've done with FB and G+ and hide the image link if possible  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Allow image uploads directly to twitter. (pic.twitter.com)  ·   · 
    Pedro MiguelPedro Miguel shared a merged idea: Twitter Pictures  ·   · 
    completed  ·  TravisAdminTravis (Admin, HootSuite) responded  · 

Hello everyone!

We’re pleased to announce the release of pic.Twitter.com integration for our HootSuite Pro users!

To make use of this integration, please configure your HootSuite Pro account with the steps in the following helpdesk article here: https://help.hootsuite.com/entries/21696205-Selecting-an-Image-Upload-Service

Thank you for using HootSuite!
    Travis | Customer Support – Technical Lead | @HootSuite_Help

169 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • fdominguezromanfdominguezroman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi!

This is a great improvement but, what happen with the ow.ly click stats we had when we used ow.ly links to those pictures before? How can we evaluate click through on those pic.twitter.com pictures?

Thanks!

• Angela Nanka-BruceAngela Nanka-Bruce commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I tried it tonight, and have changed settings as directed above, but when you look at Twitter, it still says click for image.........

• PaulPaul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is great news! I have just tested this and it works great. Thanks for listening Hootsuite, this is a very welcome move. :-)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this option to Hootsuite! I'm embarresed that I'm not able to add an image to my tweet!

I still don't understand why the images have to be hosted by Ow.ly... why can't we post directly through Twitter through Hootsuite? It's frustrating... and I'm losing traffic because no previews of my photos show and any photos I do post don't show in my photos/video folder on Twitter. For a service that's meant to consolidate all my social media it's frustrating to have to go back to the individual social media sites to post messages with 'photo's - defeats the whole purpose...

• Danielle - 100% OegstgeestDanielle - 100% Oegstgeest commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Got feedback from Hootsuite Help Desk on Feb 27, 2014:
        Images posted Twitter from HootSuite are hosted by Ow.ly and, as such, always display with an Ow.ly link. That being said, there should be a View/Hide option in order to expand and view the image in-stream.

The ability to post directly to Twitter would certainly be useful and this is under review by our Developers for future releases.
        /////////
        We keep on waiting..... :-(

What is everyone using instead of Hootsuite? Is there another program that offers this feature with photos? Hootsuite - when do you expect to update this flaw?

• culomanculoman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We switched to another service beause Hootsuite doesn't show images on Twitter TL. Sure it does when clicking a twit, but that's not enough.

I'm stopping using Hootesuite today because pics don't show up in feeds, they're just displayed as owly links. Which was fine until Twitter started displaying pics. Now it's not good enough.

• Neev GoldkinNeev Goldkin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just going to throw my sentiment in with the rest.

This is a major issue with hootsuite. Do other scheduling platforms have this same issue?

Is it a problem with twitter not cooperating with the third party platform?

Let us know some details and we'll be more inclined to support hootsuite...

When I use the ow.ly feature for images they only display as a link not directly into the twitter feed and not on my accounts list of images. This is a big enough issue that I may go back to my old app.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9

Feedback and Knowledge Base