I suggest you ...

Allow Schedule and Upload of pictures to Facebook without needing a Twitter account as well!?

I can't believe it's not possible to upload/or schedule a picture to be uploaded to Facebook without the requirement/necessity of having a Twitter Account as well. Sort this out please Hootsuite, this is a basic requirement.

260 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Ashley LeaverAshley Leaver shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Steve LightSteve Light shared a merged idea: Direct photo upload scheduling to Facebook Pages / Profiles (Not via Ow.Ly)  ·   · 
    GioGio shared a merged idea: Hi, you should allow photo upload for FB users  ·   · 
    Collin TaylorCollin Taylor shared a merged idea: Photo posts to FB directly, not requiring a twitter account.  ·   · 
    under review  ·  TravisAdminTravis (Admin, HootSuite) responded  · 

Hello,

While we do not have this on our roadmap at this time, this feature is currently under review.

To explain, we require the Twitter authentication to upload images to our Ow.ly servers, so that each user has their own Ow.ly image account with us that they can log into and access at any time by heading to http://Ow.ly.

To learn more about this, please head to https://help.hootsuite.com/entries/21570832-attaching-images-or-files-to-messages.

Thank you.

31 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Without being able to post an image to Facebook, I have zero need to use Hootsuite. I do not want a Twitter account and the purposes of my posts are for private facebook pages. I do not want the world to see these posts/pics and it will hurt the intent of my business. Hootsuite is useless to me at this point.

• Denny SmithDenny Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This definitely needs to happen. What good is Hootsuite when it's missing a basic feature like posting images? It sort of defeats the whole purpose of having the app.

• Τζίμης ΕξάχορδοςΤζίμης Εξάχορδος commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ehmm... "We HOPE to enable this feature for a future release" is not at all the best answer. You know that this is what users really want, so you should probably answer "We know this is not good and we WILL fix that issue soon".

This is what users expect from a service like Hootsuite - to listen to their needs and do all necessary changes so that they don't lose their trust in the company and it's product(s).

And, it's really disappointing that in 2014 you can't upload a picture unless you have a Twitter account! OMG.

I love the idea of using HootSuite to post to my organization's social media pages. However, I'm just now getting our organization to use Social Media and we need to start slow. We've started using Facebook and Google plus but not Twitter. This makes it impossible to use HootSuite to post photos to our pages. I hope this is something you will consider accommodating in the future.

• RyanRyan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well joining HootSuite was a waste of time if this isn't an option. Seems like a pretty basic feature to me.

• Trend AnalystTrend Analyst commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just cant believe that people that joined to make something like Hootsuite didn't think of this.

REAL DISAPPOINTMENT!

But, its important that you opened a university.... set your priorities!

I agree with Walter, I'm also postponing ANY subscriptions until this has been enabled...

P.S. There are even free platforms which can take up to 5 scheduling posts per day, whether they are photo, album, status or link... FFS!

• Walter ChacónWalter Chacón commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a joke right? C'mon is 2013!!
        I agree. The option to upload images without needing a twitter account should be a basic function.

Ill be cancelling my subscription until this is added

• ValerieValerie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's confusing to be forced to have a Twitter account in order to post photos to Facebook. There's no other indicator (a grayed out button, a pop up?) that lets me know that I needed a Twitter account in order to post a photo. I'd never suspect that one feature was dependent on another. Also, having to now create a twitter account is just one more unnecessary step for me.

• LoriLori commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Many people don't like to click on abbreviated links because they don't know EXACTLY where it's taking them... Please allow images to be posted without the need for abbreviated links. Thank you.

I have 5 different facebook pages I manage, now if I want to post a picture I'm going to have to delete one just so that I can add a twitter profile, which I never use, just to use pictures in my posts. Please can you make it so that we dont HAVE to have a twitter account linked to post. Its the only reason I am now looking at alternative software to manage my facebook pages. I dont need twitter.

• P.J. SparkleP.J. Sparkle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'll come back when you can do this. I heard of this program, Postcron, and they say it can already do it...so.....

This has been a request for... a year and a half (!?!). Yikes. This should be extremely basic for a service that claims to provide professional-level service.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base