I suggest you ...

being able to Group Profiles into groups so that you can select one Clients group and it contains all those profiles.

We manage numerous corporate companies Social media, and it is a huge problem that we cannot group certain profiles together for instance create a group for a client and that group contains their profiles and when you post you choose that customer group. this avoids mistakes made . This would be a huge benefit for any Social media Company

580 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Leon MarinusLeon Marinus shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: add a way to select accounts to publish to based on a type/filter. For example, to select only Facebook accounts, or only Twitter accounts  ·   · 
    CharlesCharles shared a merged idea: Be able to categorize different Facebook groups to make it easier to send posts to specific groups.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: an options to make lists  ·   · 
    TonyTony shared a merged idea: Bad to work with profiles icon´s when choosing at dashboard and no option to create group of profiles  ·   · 
    Kostas KoutsKostas Kouts shared a merged idea: Categorize (group) "social networks" in groups  ·   · 
    Alessandro GiulianiAlessandro Giuliani shared a merged idea: Create groups of social network so you can select a gruop to post  ·   · 
    Michelle I.Michelle I. shared a merged idea: add feature for organizing accounts  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Grouping of related social networks -- multi-business social management  ·   · 
    paulpaul shared a merged idea: Post all networks from within a group  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: I'd like an easier way to add groups so I read separate groups in separate tags  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: make it to where you can seperate your fb groups into categories in case you only want to post to certain ones without having to sort each t  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Group Profiles  ·   · 
    Kevin CowanKevin Cowan shared a merged idea: Ability to manage multiple clients with multiple profiles for consulting companies  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Enable Making Hootsuite Subgroups( By choosing a from our existing subscribed Facebook Groups)and Save them to make Group Posting easy  ·   · 
    Alex de BorbaAlex de Borba shared a merged idea: Organize social networks by categories.  ·   · 
    Daniel MendesDaniel Mendes shared a merged idea: You can create a GROUP of PROFILES. So, to post something we could choose the group instead several profiles  ·   · 
    Cash TanCash Tan shared a merged idea: Why don't add a feature that can sort the social profile into different groups ?  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: i hope that hootsuite can add a new feature that can sort the social profile into different group~  ·   · 
    MarcelMarcel shared a merged idea: Social Media - Quick Select Groups  ·   · 
    James GammellJames Gammell shared a merged idea: Groups  ·   · 
    Catey MooreCatey Moore shared a merged idea: Group LinkedIn groups by subject  ·   · 
    Ruggero PiccoliRuggero Piccoli shared a merged idea: I would to create a list of Facebook pages managed by other (or FB groups) where to made a scheduled post of my contents  ·   · 
    Ned DonovanNed Donovan shared a merged idea: Make Social Network grouping available for Web and Mobile interfaces  ·   · 
    Ken HobsonKen Hobson shared a merged idea: Multiple Groups of Profiles  ·   · 
    Deborah KofskyDeborah Kofsky shared a merged idea: It would be a BIG improvement if there were more categories than just "favorites" for my profiles.  ·   · 
    Kevin GordonKevin Gordon shared a merged idea: Agency Accounts  ·   · 
    Arnold HightArnold Hight shared a merged idea: Allow us to create catagories that act as presets of what groups, pages, and networks we want to post to.  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: enabling grouping social media rather than choosing one by one. I have six but post things on social media of particular combinations.  ·   · 
    Cyrus MostaghimCyrus Mostaghim shared a merged idea: Multiple favorite lists in Social Media Network Selector or drag+drop reorder of social networks in compose window like you can for streams  ·   · 
    McilvaineMcilvaine shared a merged idea: Creating Groups to send tweets to  ·   · 
    BlanxBlanx shared a merged idea: A Feature where we can 'Group Profiles'  ·   · 
    Ned DonovanNed Donovan shared a merged idea: Add ability to group social networks by team in "Streams" view as well as "Profiles" list for ease of sending  ·   · 
    Lindsey RhodesLindsey Rhodes shared a merged idea: I think you should integrate grouping of facebook groups. Some of my facebook groups I may not want to post something in.  ·   · 
    Mark JacobsonMark Jacobson shared a merged idea: Groups for various profiles  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Add group tweeting  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Grouping Function  ·   · 
    Dan Mellins-CohenDan Mellins-Cohen shared a merged idea: ...let us save our posting account selections to save clicking on them all, every time.  ·   · 
    Terra CTerra C shared a merged idea: consider a function to group networks by profile.  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: More control over how to organize your social networks  ·   · 
    Jovan MaricJovan Maric shared a merged idea: Labeling (grouping) facebook pages  ·   · 
    DirkDirk shared a merged idea: Sub-Groupings of Accounts in the Select Profile(s) Box  ·   · 
    JohnBejJohnBej shared a merged idea: Add a preset "group of accounts" button when sending a message so you don't need to always select em  ·   · 
    Michael P. HillMichael P. Hill shared a merged idea: Allow users to create groups of profiles for batch posting.  ·   · 
    under review  ·  SarahSarah responded  · 

Thank you so much for your valuable feedback. We are currently evaluating this functionality for future improvements.
    Have you looked at creating two groups by favoriting a set of social profiles? You can then see only the Favorited profiles by choosing ‘favorites’ at the bottom of the drop down.

Thanks for your patience!

Sarah @HootSuite_Help – http://hootsuite.com/help

105 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes please. it would be super helpful to group each organization/company's info into one for each

• Olivier BloemendaalOlivier Bloemendaal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This issue has been online since September 21, 2011 ....
        Time to take your customers seriously and make it possible to have multiple organisations under one person. I'm a social manager and I work with lots of companies. I want to work as their organisation and not that they work under mine organisation. Don't say we're thinking about it, just tell us when it's ready. 100 comments, so probably 1000's want this ehm need this feature.

Fix the non-modular interface or I for one will quit. I have 35 accounts or so and I can't manage them correctly. Pain in the @ss!

Any progress on this, guys? Don't want to start considering another tool, but I may have to...

What a basic feature that we need. Ready to start looking for some new tools other than Hootsuite.

• CoryCory commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Such a badly needed feature it hurts. I spend WAY MORE TIME trying to remove handfuls of clients from a post by hovering over tiny little icons after "selecting all" than it would take to login to a separate account and repost/edit for a particular group. Grouping is a critical function Hootsuite needs to add for me to be a long term customer.

• JasonJason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really need this. Super important feature for those that manage multiple sets of social media for multiple businesses, websites, etc.

• DaveDave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Amazing this feature has not been added yet!!!! I have just signed up for a 30 day trial on the Pro account and 5 minutes into setting up my account and social media I ran into this issue! Come on pull your finger out HootSuite of your going to end up losing a lot of customers.

• RoxanRoxan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

you must solve this issue' its a big problem to almost 100 people who add comment and probably a lot more that didn't
        We can't manage our social media as we need to due to this issue
        If I manage 40 pages on 15 topics, I can't go over all my pages and select the right one to schedule - it's cussing mistakes that we want to avoid

Hope you will find a solution to this problem quickly or we will have to find another solution

• Zacharias BeckmanZacharias Beckman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have something like 35 groups in LinkedIn, plus one group I administer, and then a number of different social network sites across Twitter, Google+, Tumblr, etc. Let's say I have close to 50 different places that I could post to...

HootSuite is a great idea, but without some way to manage all these different places as sets, or by topic, I can't use HootSuite easily. For instance, maybe there are 10 different LinkedIn groups that have to do with businesss culture. I need to pick ONLY those groups when I post on the business culture topic. And it's IMPOSSIBLE to go through my 50 different social accounts in the tiny little HootSuite "post to" window, and pick those 10, then do a post, pick a different set, post, a different set... I'd spend all day just doing this!

HootSuite NEEDS to organize social accounts into GROUPS, so that we can pick a subset of our social accounts to post into. Until then, HootSuite is not usable for my purposes.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base