I suggest you ...

Add an Auto-shrink (Auto-shorten) button users can click to replace URL's with short URL's

HootSuite should have a "shrink" button that automatically replaces any URL's in a post with a short URL. I hate having to cut URL's out of the post, shrink them, and move them back to the proper place in the post (instead of at the end). Follow Tweetdeck's example and make HootSuite more usable for your customers.

42 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Chris RChris R shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: automatic url shortener for twitter and facebbok  ·   · 
    Court DemoneCourt Demone shared a merged idea: Consider full links as max 20 characters like Twitter and Buffer App do.  ·   · 
    Jonathan RickickJonathan Rickick shared a merged idea: Auto-Shrink Links  ·   · 
    HotJointHotJoint shared a merged idea: Add an auto-shortening option for urls  ·   · 
    under review  ·  Chris from HootSuiteChris from HootSuite responded  · 

We have this feature in our iPhone and Android apps. We’ll consider it for the web app as well.

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • DHDH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to be able to use the ''shrink URL'' function on my desktop as easily as on my mobile! #oneclick

• Mike WiltonMike Wilton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Twitter and TweetDeck do it be default, it only makes sense that HootSuite would do the same.

• merlinoxmerlinox commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add an option in hootsuite like "do you wanna auto-shrink"? If yes you auto-shring link, if no you can leave dashboard like now, with the "link input".

Thanks.

• Matthew ShepherdMatthew Shepherd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do this multiple times a day and having a button that gives me the option to do this the same way the mobile version does would be a huge timesaver. Thanks!

• BrianBrian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

why is this in the mobile version and not in the desktop version? Effing stupid.

• Ross CRoss C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It doesn't have to be automatic. Just a shrink button for those that would like the option. It's a bit of a pain to cut and paste.

• Chris RChris R commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

HootSuite should have a "shrink" button that automatically replaces URL's with a short URL. I hate having to cut URL's out of the post, shrink them, and move them back to the proper place in the post (instead of at the end). Follow Tweetdeck's example and make HootSuite more usable for your customers.

• Chris RChris R commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

HootSuite should have a "shrink" button that automatically replaces URL's with a short URL. I hate having to cut URL's out of the post, shrink them, and move them back to the proper place in the post (instead of at the end). Follow Tweetdeck's example and make HootSuite more usable for your customers.

Feedback and Knowledge Base