I suggest you ...

Custom via solutions for posts to Facebook

HootSuite works closely to ensure that all of our systems are in line with our partners terms of service. We are open to exploring the option of offering custom via solutions or branded via solutions for posts made to Facebook through the HootSuite application. With your support and votes this feature will become a high priority for our development team. We appreciate the understanding of users in regards to this feature being declined for Twitter as it is in contravention to their terms of service.

Please see: http://feedback.hootsuite.com/forums/40182-hootsuite-com-web-dashboard/suggestions/607089-the-ability-to-remove-via-hootsuite-link-and-log

505 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Chris from HootSuiteChris from HootSuite shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Josimar MachadoJosimar Machado shared a merged idea: Aplication Private - "via mysite" and not "viahootsuite" in all publications  ·   · 
    adam signoreadam signore shared a merged idea: Add the ability to replace the "posted via hootsuite" in facebook posts with "posted by 'selected client account'"  ·   · 
    Massimo Massimo shared a merged idea: Our own sign  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: make it so 'via [page name]' shows when Facebook page posts are shared  ·   · 
    completed  ·  SarahSarah responded  · 

We’re happy to update this feedback request with new information from Facebook. Facebook has recently removed the 3rd party ‘via’ tags from status updates to Facebook Pages. Status updates will now appear as they do through Facebook natively.

However, links and photos will still show as shared via HootSuite as Facebook recognizes this as an application action.

HootSuite has now developed a custom branded via publisher solution for HootSuite Enterprise users for Facebook photo and link posts. If you’d like more information on HootSuite Enterprise, please email sales@hootsuite.com.

We appreciate your continued feedback!

86 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Hunter WillisHunter Willis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'll join the chorus of others saying, "If I'm paying for the flipping thing then why are you using me to advertise?" At that point you have to ask, "What's the point of the paid if they're going to use me like this?"

• Aaron FosterAaron Foster commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Found this interesting link... tested and via is removed on Pages.... guess Facebook got sick and tired of the whole 'via _____' too!

http://blog.wisemetrics.com/2012/12/breaking-news-no-more-via-hootsuite-or-via-buffer-on-feed-stories/

Sorry HS if this is a revenue killer to people signing up to enterprise plan which to simply get the ability of 'no via' would be a completely unnecessary as Pages can be used instead...

• Aaron FosterAaron Foster commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Paid services should be free of advertising.... Unless you wish me to start charging for usage of HS advertising within my Branding?

• adam signoreadam signore commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pro users should get it also. Only free users should have to endure hootsuite promoting itself

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

agreed...I can't use HS if I see their branding/tag...it looks unprofessional. There must be an alternative. I was just getting used to the dashboard, and excited about the service, about to upgrade, pay, etc, but now I'm totally turned off and can't go through with it. FB readers are very sensitive to where the posts come from, especially when they're following links. They will be discouraged from clicking or responding if a third party is involved.

• RonRon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i agree with everyone - paid services should be free of advertising. ... if you want more $$$ simply charge us a bit more :-)

Hootsuite is great!
        ... but the icon and the "via hootsuite" links on facebook are a dealbreaker for me.
        Some analyse tools classifies my schedduled posts as spam or bot and propose not to follow my pages...
        So Hootsuite will create not only a smaller benefit for me it may generate a damage! Please find a solution also also for us pro users!

Agreed with most - the PRO plan should be free of the tags IMHO. I have also just recently signed up and this may a deal breaker. It's similar to sending email and having every email tagged Sent by HotMail/GMail/Yahoo, etc. Paid services should be free of advertising. Thanks for being open to the idea.

• MillaMilla commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please remove "via HootSuite" from posts on Pro Plan!!! As everybody else here I agree that this feature should be included in the Pro Plan as well. I am testing the service for a week now and I wass getting ready to sign up for the pro version as i am managing a number of social networks from our company! Waiting to see your response before I proceed in giving you my business!

Please remove "via HootSuite" from posts on Pro Plan!!! As everybody else here I agree that this feature should be included in the Pro Plan as well. I am testing the service for a week now and I wass getting ready to sign up for the pro version as i am managing a number of social networks from our company! Waiting to see your response before I proceed in giving you my business!

• CarolinaCarolina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am not happy with this, and apparently a lot of people is in the same spot than me. I was very satisfied with your service, but this...I am paying for a PRO account monthly and i give you the chance to promote your biz for free in every post. If you can resolve this for enterprise account, you can do it for the PRO one, It is all about the whiling of do it, and clearly you are NOT. I have to re-consider this!

• Todd PalmieriTodd Palmieri commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The fact that these posts are getting close to a year old now is about as clear an answer as any of us are going to get. As many others have said here and on related posts, the product is simply unusable by any business that takes social media seriously.

We're canceling ourselves and 9 clients today.

• Pieter RademeyerPieter Rademeyer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, we have had to stay away from aggressively using Hootsuite for this reason as well, please get this done asap.

• Marcel EllisMarcel Ellis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sorry hootsuit but having this available for enterprise only just does not fit the bill. Today we have taken the decision to move another paid platform which offers the "via our_own_brand" solution for just $14. Shame, as I really like HootSuite but advertising your brand on a solution we are paying for is unacceptable at best, but looks totally impersonal at worst.

• MitchellMitchell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree will all here. Just started testing this product and was going to sign up a pro account. I manage several of our branches fan pages across the US and not being able to remove the "via HootSuite" will be a dealbreaker for us. That is really bad because this product was going to make my life so much easier.

• KenKen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am a free plan user and was intending to move to a pro plan with my group, but my concern before signing up was the 'via Hootsuites' that was found in all facebook post. It is exactly the same as seesmic. With Pro Plan, you don't even allow the option to remove, this is a total turnoff to us... Feel so wasted, you have a good system, but you are just too concern about your business and disregard ours. Sorry, after discussing, the whole lot of us decide got to let go.

Until this the via Hootsuite message is removed I think I will go Sprout Socal. Bugger as I like yours better.

Your app ist great but the Tagline "via Hootsuite" makes postings look impersonal. It would be much better if it'd not be shown.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base