I suggest you ...

Add the Twitter 'interactions' tab to the stream so users no longer miss important interactions with their followers.

We constantly miss RT's notices and other interactions with our users since Hootsuite doesn't allow users to import 'interactions' data. Please add ASAP!

315 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    robertrobert shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Guillermo GómezGuillermo Gómez shared a merged idea: urgent.. improve folder (u only have favorites) how many time take improve it?  ·   · 
    PaulPaul shared a merged idea: add in the ability to see historical interactions - essential from a customer service point of view  ·   · 
    Fernando IdeiasFernando Ideias shared a merged idea: Interactions@ on twitter  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Twitter follower, favourites in Mention Stream  ·   · 
    Gloria FGloria F shared a merged idea: add the ability to make an activity stream like tweetdeck  ·   · 
    April KeatsApril Keats shared a merged idea: Have interactions stream like on the twitter app so u can see when something has been favourited, retweeted or if someone has followed you  ·   · 
    Marcel StephanMarcel Stephan shared a merged idea: Tell us if the 'Twitter interactions' stream will appear, or it remains a 'good idea'?  ·   · 
    dzuminidzumini shared a merged idea: Show past interactions with users  ·   · 
    VBVB shared a merged idea: include a column called "interactions" which includes your new followers and mentions.  ·   · 
    Michael BarclayMichael Barclay shared a merged idea: Add interactions into the feed as well as mentions.  ·   · 
    ervlerervler shared a merged idea: Create an "Interactions" column like TweetDeck's  ·   · 

31 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Andrew HutchinsonAndrew Hutchinson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah, just want to expand on this a little.

I have the same issue, it would be more beneficial when interacting with many different people to be aware of what messages I've sent to them previously - if I'm thanking them for sharing a piece of mine, for example, I could ensure I send them a different thank you note and build better relationships by personalising the messages based on out previous interactions.

What I'd like to suggest is that this be added into the information you can access by clicking on a person's profile in a stream. Currently, you get a pop-up with the tabs across the top - Bio, Timeline, Mentions, Favourites. Ideally, a fifth option could be added here for 'Interactions' between you and this person.

This information is accessible using the exist Twitter API - it's a simple search command:

"@user1" AND "@user2"

If you enter that search command into Twitter, then filter by 'All', you get a chronological listing of all interactions you've had with that profile, which is perfect.

This does get a little more complicated if you're assigning tweets to other profiles in your organisation, as you'd need to search not only your individual interactions with the user, but the users' interactions with others in your organisation or the main brand handle - maybe there can be a manual addition added in to allow the user to search for all interactions between the individual and the user AND all interaction with the main brand handle:

"@user1" AND "user2" AND "@businesshandle"

So you'd need some level of manual intervention to add in the business handle, but maybe this can be a setting you can establish to make this a permanent addition to all searches? No doubt you guys are much more informed on what's possible than me.

Apologies if this is a duplicate issue (couldn't find anything else on it) or if there is a way to do this already that I'm unaware of.

Thanks

• Tonyo CruzTonyo Cruz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding the "Interactions" tab would really be helpful for social media strategists and community managers.

It is one element that is really missing in Hootsuite, and it is mainly the reason why I have to switch between Hootsuite and TweetDeck or the native iPad apps.

• Jen NewmeyerJen Newmeyer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed with the numerous comments below about the interactions column. I was a die-hard tweetdeck user but decided to try out hootsuite with consideration of going pro for the statistics. I'm dismayed that I have to simultaneously use hootsuite with the twitter interface just to see all of my interactions. Not sure the stats are worth it now and am planning on checking out other analysis tools. (Unless, of course, you roll out the interactions feature quite soon.)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, I'm just testing out the free trial because I wanted to have my linkedin and google+ pages, but coming from tweetdeck, having the feature of "interactions" tab seems the most important to have. In hootsuite I can't know which of my tweets have been favorited and I have to look at several more columns than in tweetdeck for the same value.
        I'm disappointed that your app does not allow me to optimize my workflow in the same way tweetdeck does.
        If I can't really consolidate all my profiles in one app, then I'm not sure this is the right product for me.
        If you give me an ETA on this, I might consider staying over a month and paying the Pro membership.
        Thanks

• MacyMacy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! Please add this. This is one of the main reasons we use TweetDeck. We'd like to switch everthing over to HootSuite... but this is a big miss in our social management.

• Martin SchelasinMartin Schelasin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm dying for this. Someone who functions as a community coordinator in a social media rich eSports environment >>NEEDS<< the interactions tab. This is literally the SOLE barrier between my exclusive use of Hootsuite.

This would be extremely handy. It would definitely reduce the number of simultaneous open streams that would be required to keep track of most small to medium sized twitter accounts effectively.

Even just the ability to combine Mentions, Follows, Your tweets Retweeted, Your tweets Favorited and incoming Direct Messages into a single stream would be an extremely beneficial addition to the current list of streams.

Absolutely. This missing link is the only reason why I still have to use the traditional twitter app on my tablet. I use the HootSuite interface on my computer because I can see more in one view. If we had an interactions Stream option for twitter accounts it would be very useful. Currently you cannot see when someone favorites one of your tweets in HootSuite.

• Mark VangMark Vang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Gave this 3 votes. Interactions covers @mentions, Follows and RT's in a single column and is a "must have" feature. I keep having to log into Twitter/TweetDeck to check who I need to thank for RT's.

• tristantristan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A must have. I'm finding myself migrating slowly over to twitter due to HS not having an interactions feed.

• trishtrish commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We really need this! I have to keep Twitter open concurrently with Hootsuite just to get it, and I hate that!

• JordanJordan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Other clients can't roll this out as Twitter does not make it available as they want to try to get everyone on the official clients.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base