I suggest you ...

check RSS feed for updates more often

Please make it possible to check our RSS feed for updates more often than every hour. Our news stories are highly time sensitive, so checking every hour simply isn't enough. Every quarter would be acceptable. Make this possible as soon as possible or we will be forced to switch to a competing service

28 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    ThomasThomas shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: make the RSS stream feature faster  ·   · 

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • John RJohn R commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Going to throw my hat into the ring.

Hootsuite trumps other services on so many things - it's annoying to see that RSS is a bit of a let down and I have to use other services on top of Hootsuite to get my social media ticking together nicely.

• ThomasThomas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 from me. We need our rss feed to be checked for updates every 15 minutes!

• Rick MillsRick Mills commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 from me. The silly thing is that you can setup a cron job to a php script on your own server and it does it for you - its such a basic thing that there really is no reason to have it set to such a long delay. Ideally every 15 minutes should be offered.

• Will LingoWill Lingo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completely agree with Thomas. There are free services that do this better, so we'll stick with them for RSS feeds until this improves.

Feedback and Knowledge Base