I suggest you ...

Ability to "Share" Facebook posts within HootSuite

Ability to "Share" a Facebook post would be extremely useful for information proliferation. Such a tool would significantly enhance HootSuite's capabilities on data and profile management.

597 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AnonymousAnonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    StephieStephie shared a merged idea: put a "Share" button so that we can share photos,etc  ·   · 
    valevale shared a merged idea: It would be grate if there is a buttom that copies the publications on the wall of facebook.  ·   · 
    Benjamin King SmithBenjamin King Smith shared a merged idea: Allow scheduling of facebook shares and twitter retweets.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Intergrate the ability to "Share" Facebook posts within hootsuite  ·   · 
    ChrisChris shared a merged idea: sharing of facebook posts  ·   · 
    Lorena Di StasiLorena Di Stasi shared a merged idea: Sharing Facebook comment on Twitter  ·   · 
    Lori Lori shared a merged idea: Allow me to view and share with Facebook friend lists  ·   · 
    Teo SellésTeo Sellés shared a merged idea: Are share button in my friends Facebook status.  ·   · 
    paulo pinheiropaulo pinheiro shared a merged idea: add facebook complete post sharing  ·   · 
    Sarah JellySarah Jelly shared a merged idea: allow timed sharing of a Facebook status  ·   · 
    BrianBrian shared a merged idea: add schedule a 'share' on facebook.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Allow share posts from from FB Page onto another  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: share feature for Facebook  ·   · 
    Einstein FellowsEinstein Fellows shared a merged idea: Add "Share" button to Facebook News Feed options  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: be able to share a post from another person on FB to your own wall. I am spending a lot of time going back to FB to do stuff  ·   · 
    Cate HirschbielCate Hirschbiel shared a merged idea: Share (and schedule) Facebook stories to Facebook pages/Twitter accounts from within Hootsuite.  ·   · 
    Lacey LuceLacey Luce shared a merged idea: I my fans/friends to be able to share links that I post on facebook via hootsuite  ·   · 

87 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Kate StepheyKate Stephey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you have a Hootlet app in Google chrome as I do, then when you are in Facebook on a PC and go to share something, you can schedule the share.... Worked pretty well! Just can't do that from the Hootsuite app... Hope this helps :)

• Raylene WallRaylene Wall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is extremely surprising that this isn't currently a feature. There must be a lot that goes on within the privacy settings native to Facebook, and no doubt that's difficult to maintain in a 3rd party app such as HootSuite. But being able to do everything on HootSuite has always been a big driving point for me... Everything for business social media, but not so much for personal.

• TravisTravis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is crazy that you can't. You can share content but not with an "empty" message, therefore it's not a pure share. My page is fueled by share content.

Sad part is that OTHER post management websites support this. Even a couple of the not so great ones.

Once my pro account is over with for the month, I do NOT plan on resubscribing if this feature is not added.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"The lack of this functionality is one of the reasons why I haven't signed up for pro. " This is the same for us we run 5 Facebook pages and our content is derived from sharing posts from our fans...

Our free month trial runs out soon- please implement!

• LindaLinda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The lack of this functionality is one of the reasons why I haven't signed up for pro.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same question. Why can't I schedule and share a post from another Facebook page using Hootsuite. I have to say, it also annoys me that you still can't schedule when you "Share" a post when in Facebook either. If you share, you have to share it then and there. You can't schedule it to display at a future time!

• Christian HendricksonChristian Hendrickson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just started using Hootsuite and upgraded to PRO. Hard to believe that I have to go back out to FB to share a post that I find within HS.. I would hope my $110/yr is worth it.

• Ben ReynoldsBen Reynolds commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I won't be using Hootsuite without this function as it's important for me to be able to share between twitter and facebook as well as within facebook. When is it getting sorted?

This is from MAY 2012 and even though it has almost 500 votes, Hootsuite hasn't bothered to listen? NO EXCUSE!

what's status? looks like this basic feature has been requested many times but no response since mid-2012?

• JoJo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is essential to us and would love to see this as a feature

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base