I suggest you ...

Distinguish between title, body text and link in LinkedIn group discussions

Currently you can only upload a message to the title or the header of a discussion in LinkedIn groups, which is limited to 200 characters.
It should be possible to add discussions in LinkedIn groups with specifically a title, body text and even link separated in the 'create new message' field.!

57 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Dennis BoursDennis Bours shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Taylor ClarkTaylor Clark shared a merged idea: Creating a Group Discussion Post w/ Title, Summary and Description  ·   · 
    Natasha MartinNatasha Martin shared a merged idea: Add a heading box to the compose a message feature so that you can enter a heading for a LinkedIn post  ·   · 
    completed  ·  TravisAdminTravis (Admin, HootSuite) responded  · 

Hello!

We’ve recently made some updates to how LinkedIn Groups are posted to from HootSuite.

Currently, the maximum character count allowed to LinkedIn from HootSuite is 685 characters. When posting to a LinkedIn Group from HootSuite, the first 200 characters will be taken and used in the title field, with the remaining characters used in the body field of the post.

To split the title and body content of the post prior to the 200 character title limit, please use the following characters: ‘||’ (two vertical bars in a row).

Thank you,
    Travis | Customer Support – Technical Lead | @HootSuite_Help

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service