I suggest you ...

beside "send now" please add "schedule" AND "autoschedule" ... I hate having to turn the autoschdule on and off for different posts.

Beside "send now" please add "schedule" AND "autoschedule" ... I hate having to turn the autoschedule on and off for different posts.

47 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    MylesMyles shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Justin JonesJustin Jones shared a merged idea: allow us to select "Post Now" or "Auto Schedule" without having to go to the Calendar.  ·   · 
    ManuelManuel shared a merged idea: Add a "send now" button next to "autoschedule" in the Hootlet. It's a pain having to turn the feature off when something is time-sensitive  ·   · 
    Chuck BaggettChuck Baggett shared a merged idea: give Hootsuite two buttons, one for Send Now and one for Send Later.  ·   · 

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • LyleLyle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I post with HS I have either "Send Now" OR "Schedule" OR "AutoSchedule"...I Should always have easy access to "Send Now"...without a bunch of clicks and having to turn autoschedule off.

Some types of posts are okay to delay (evergreen content so to speak) and some are only relevant NOW...like if you're tweeting a tv show or adding to a currently trending hashtag. Make it easy to do both frequent tasks (post now and post something to be auto-scheduled).

• Tahir KhawajaTahir Khawaja commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1

My number one gripe about HootSuite right now. The Hootlet has it so why isn't it in the main app?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there a way now to autoschedule a post on a date in the future? I would like to be able to schedule out the days on which our posts go out but have hootsuite optimize the time of day to send the post. Am I missing something?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Came here to say the same thing. AutoSchedule is a fantastic feature, but it's such a pain to switch between AutoSchedule and Send Now. Seems this could be as easy as putting a few buttons on the Compose screen so it's just one click: AutoSchedule / Send Now / Schedule

• Ryan ChamberlainRyan Chamberlain commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seconded. When Autoschedule is on, a side-by-side "send now" (or even "reply now" to differentiate) would save clicks and spare us from accidentally autoscheduling a real-time reply.

• Digital DamselDigital Damsel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have to agree. I'd love, at least, to have a "Send Now" option right next to schedule or auto-schedule... It is cumbersom to turn off for replies, which need to be timely

• Cr.Cr. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love the autoscedule but it takes too many clicks to turn it off when replying to my mentions.

• OscarOscar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes. this is essential. Doesn't make sense that it isn't right off the bat.

• CK ChungCK Chung commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd also like to be able to choose between "AutoSchedule" and "Send Now" more easily, rather than having to turn AutoSchedule on or off before being able to submit a message. I can see where there may be an issue of clicking on the wrong button, so maybe some sort of button hover menu effect would work, where if the button is defaulted to "Send Now," the user can click directly on it, or when hovering over it, the "AutoSchedule" button slides out to be able to be clicked on.

Feedback and Knowledge Base