I suggest you ...

allow scheduled tweets to be paused in bulk

Sometimes we get a call from a client to pause all activity for a period of hours/days because of some approval delay or unrelated crisis. At the moment we go into the Monthly view and drag all the scheduled stuff out an extra period of time. It would be great just to have a pause button that pauses all scheduled comms, ideally at a Team level (because a team usually works on content across one Twitter and one FB account)

33 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Paul Paul shared a merged idea: It would be great if Hootsuite Scheduler had an 'Off' switch, to stop all scheduled posts from being sent out, until you switch it back on.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: allow scheduled posts to be paused  ·   · 
    Steve CusumanoSteve Cusumano shared a merged idea: pausing scheduled posts (or unapprove scheduled posts in bulk)  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: auto scheduled tweet  ·   · 
    under review  ·  SarahSarah responded  · 

Interesting idea! We’ll look at the options for adding this functionality in the future. Thanks!

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Dennis FischmanDennis Fischman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's going on a year since the Boston Marathon bombing, which made it painfully obvious why we need this. Yet there's no response from Hootsuite? Sarah, or anybody else there, are you monitoring this thread?

• KeelyKeely commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has this issue been addressed or gone into effect? I need this feature!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another enterprise endorsement for the pause everything button.

What is the status of this? Is it on the list?

• Karen SwimKaren Swim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The tragic events of today really illuminate why this functionality is much needed. My team spent time rescheduling posts one by one after the Boston Marathon event, so that we would not send out ill-timed updates during this time. The ability to pause would have been helpful.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Or for events like today (the Boston bombings), so your brands don't look like insensitive idiots blasting out scheduled PR messages in the middle of a national disaster.

• RubenRuben commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

100% need this option. Right now the only way I know of to stop a campaign in it's tracks is to remove each post one by one (which requires deleting and confirming each deletion) or by removing access of that account to the social media profile. That's a huge waste of time when one should be able to just pause the campaign all together

Feedback and Knowledge Base