I suggest you ...

allow images to appear in Facebook group postings rather than links

It is better to have the images uploaded as it is able to draw attention of potential clients. The image will auto describe our advertising status in multiple biz groups.

177 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    DichiutaDichiuta shared a merged idea: how public messagem with image on facebook groups  ·   · 
    Kari MontgomeryKari Montgomery shared a merged idea: allow pictures to post in facebook groups!! NEED!!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Post Planner has already added a post photo into groups, is Hootsuite going to do that ?  ·   · 
    under review  ·  SarahSarah responded  · 

Thank you for your feedback, we’ll be looking in whether this is possible with the Facebook API.

28 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • ytceleytcele commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Buenos días. Soy miembro de una cuenta PRO con ustedes. Tengo un problema con las imagenes adjuntas en las publicaciones de los grupos de facebook. No se cual sea la causa del problema pero sucede que al publicar en mis redes sociales (páginas y perfiles) no tengo problema con las imagenes, "se publican a la perfección" pero al revisar la publicación en mis grupos la imagen no aparece. Me urge una solución ya que yo trabajo en su mayor parte con grupos de facebook y si no se muestran mis imagenes, de nada me sirve hootsuite.
        Quedo a espera de su respueta. Gracias.

• Remmington WannerRemmington Wanner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is really annoying how it doesn't just post the picture! No one is going to click on a link to look at a photo! This is prohibiting the effectiveness of my business, I need people to see my photos.

• CristyCristy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I CANNOT BELIEVE that you cannot post a picture in full size to fb groups (it shows up as link instead), yet you can post to pages.????? I don't think my biz will be using Hootsuite.. This is a critical update that should be made! I cannot imagine how many people are needing this right now with as many groups are in fb...

• Chris BowlerChris Bowler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The feature of adding a FULL picture, NOT a link to a picture, is a HUGE part of my facebook groups. I have not been using Hootsuite specifically becuase of this reason. If the ability is added, I will definatly start using HS way more frequently. If anyone knows of other programs that do this, please let me know.

• Brian AbantoBrian Abanto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Hootsuite team please advise or give us update on this feature. This is also the reason I have purchase Hootsuite, to post in FB groups with pictures. Can you temporary create a storage for our images while posting and delete it afterwards ?

• Richard WendlandRichard Wendland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, this needs to be done, without this feature Hootsuite is worthless to me and I'll have to discontinue my subscription.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

By the way, I have tried to post a photo in multiple groups completely convinced that this was working fine... The consequences were disastrous. Why do you lead clients to think this feature works when it doesn't? Is it acceptable that in order to find out that this feature doesn't actually work, we need to compromise our image/reputation first? Very disappointing...

I am new to Hootsuite and I am currently testing the Pro version on a free trial. The reason I chose Hootsuite over Sprout is exactly the ability to post in facebook groups. If it is not possible to add photos then I think you're missing out on perhaps your biggest USP.

Yes, I find this really important! I wonder, why there are just 75 votes. Maybe users are not concious about this issue ...

• JanJan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add this please! It does not serve my purpose if you can't add images to group.

can anyone please tell me how to upload images or url-pics from google image in a facebook post?

It seems, that there are still no photos possible in Facebook-Groups and RSS-postings. Without photo the posting is not really seen and the poster looses attention also for future posts.

Please change - this is really important!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base