I suggest you ...

allow an option to return to the old Social Network picker/selection at the top of the HootSuite window.

I just saw HootSuite updated with a new version of the Social Media account selector at the top of the HootSuite UI. Now it is a drop down list instead of the horizontal list of icons. This new version is much more difficult to use and I would appreciate an option to change back to the older version.

152 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    FredFred shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Fix what you just messed up in the box for selecting social netwks. Too hard to unselect. Gave up trying to post Linked In thru Hootsuite.  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Get rid of the new social media picker  ·   · 
    Jenn TurnerJenn Turner shared a merged idea: I suggest that default or preferred accounts are a TERRIBLE idea for those of us that control many social accounts.  ·   · 
    Lauri RottmayerLauri Rottmayer shared a merged idea: Put the avatars back up in a row at the top instead of having the drop down box.  ·   · 
    Shaun ManningShaun Manning shared a merged idea: jetison new 'feature' that assigns an account to a post, forcing opt-out rather than opt-in. Too easy to post from wrong account!  ·   · 
    Theresa Kendall Theresa Kendall shared a merged idea: profile picker back to how it was!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Offer choice to revert to the old social network selector. The new one is an absolute nightmare to use.  ·   · 
    CarterCarter shared a merged idea: Go back to the older profile selector.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Put "Social Selector" back as it was before it was messed around with.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Please, come back with check box social networks! I dont like the drop down menu to select...  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Recognize that the new picker makes the application highly inefficient and return to the old one.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: New account picker is horrible! You took an efficient system and made it ten times more time consuming. Total fail!  ·   · 
    DebbieDebbie shared a merged idea: Don't like new way that #Hootsuite gets you to select social network to post from, I find it really awkward!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: I suggest you change the design back. You just changed the social network picker so they are now in a column. This is most inconvenient.  ·   · 
    Scott McLeodScott McLeod shared a merged idea: Now I have to click on the social media account I want to REMOVE, not USE? That stinks...  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Old selector of networks  ·   · 
    KateKate shared a merged idea: get rid of the newly implemented "click to select a social network" feature. It actually ADDS (wastes) time when batch-processing.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: I absolutely hate the dashboard change to the social network icon selection thats now a drop down menu.Huge Waste of my time. Pls chg back  ·   · 
    ValerieValerie shared a merged idea: Put back the channel icons  ·   · 
    RobertRobert shared a merged idea: I really detest that you removed the multi-select option for posts and now force us to use the drop down.  ·   · 
    ReneRene shared a merged idea: Bring back the "old" social media network selector  ·   · 
    declined  ·  TravisAdminTravis (Admin, HootSuite) responded  · 

Hello, and thank you very much for all of your feedback regarding our older-style profile picker.

We’d like to take a moment to elaborate on the recent update on this feature request. Though the old social network picker has been retired, we appreciate and love all of the feedback that we have received on our current profile picker.

While we’re unable to reinstate the old network picker outright, I can confirm we’re actively using this feedback to assist us in shaping a brand new social profile picker which is currently in beta testing with our developers.

In the meantime, should you wish to explore the best tips and tricks with the current picker, please feel free to review our guide here: https://help.hootsuite.com/entries/21774775-Tips-Tricks-The-Social-Profile-Picker.

Thank you again for your understanding. We look forward to making the HootSuite experience better and will be excited to share improvements with you as they’re made available.

Travis | Customer Support – Technical Lead | @HootSuite_Help

34 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mark BeechMark Beech commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you. Very sad to see this, particularly to have no reasoning given for the rejection. I'd been waiting for months to see a Hootsuite reply. In meantime I know of three users who left Hootsuite for Tweetdeck for this specific issue. No, I'm sorry I don't accept you apologies for the summary rejection if you can't be bothered to say why you rejected it. (If you did I would.) It's your right to reject but you owe all these 150 votes an explanation on why you have done so. I'm severely tempted to launch a campaign and get as many votes as possible on a new ticket started by somebody else to show level of feeling on this.

• Felicity BathFelicity Bath commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new picker is user unfriendly for anyone with many accounts who wants to tweet to different groups. please allow option to select from a grid as before, it was much better

• Chris DellerChris Deller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This new picker is a seriously retrograde step. It surely shows incredible arrogance of the programmers not to even respond to these remarks. Please don't simply remove this comment. ACT ON IT.

• Oliver DavineOliver Davine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It might work fine for people with 2 accounts. This new system isn't any good for those with many more. Looking at moving to tweetdeck now since Hootsuite hasn't bothered to respond to these 133 votes.

• L HastinL Hastin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is so bad I have pretty much stopped using hootsuite. Try to select accounts when you have a lot. Favorites doen't help, select all doesn't help. I just want to be able to EASILY select 5-6 accounts out of many without scrolling.

• Joel VillariniJoel Villarini commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new account picker takes a lot of time to use when you got 30+ accounts. Our team works with 40 accounts and we are all complaining on how much scrolling down we do... Even though there is the favorites option it still doesn't cut it for us. Please bring back the old account picker where at one glance we could click all the accounts needed.

• Ken GlazierKen Glazier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello. I don't know what the solution is but can say the new picker is fiddly for those with many networks. Can't it just have a "grid view" which shows all available networks at a glance without it automatically selecting all of them?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new social network picker is bad enough on a pc/laptop, but I've just attempted it for the first time on my smartphone and iPad. It's awful - all those extra taps!

Can I suggest that proper user testing is done on significant changes to the UI. This should weed out any barmy ideas.

Please bring the old method back, and in the Android app.

• Chamby BakerChamby Baker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love improvements and always give them a good go. This one is a big step backward for those with many accounts.

• Jan BuckleJan Buckle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Developers: please consider the problems this is causing to those with many social networks. Say for example we use Hootsuite to retweet to different combinations of networks or at random across maybe 50 accounts. Before it was really simple to chose say 10: click click click, job done in seconds. Now call up the list, navigate through it (almost certainly losing the list or clicking on wrong network.) Repeat another 9 times. A job that took literally seconds takes 2 or three minutes or more. This is beyond useless. BEYOND USELESS. DO YOU HEAR? beyond useless.

• Diana KullmanDiana Kullman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can only assume Hootsuite developers work in a vacuum and pay no attention to needs of users with many social networks.

• Jim BakerJim Baker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Try using the new picker with 70 or more accounts. It's impossibly difficult when tweeting to a selection which needs changing for each tweet. It was so simple under the old system

• Jim BakerJim Baker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am part of a company that has 80 accounts on Hootsuite. The whole idea is that was can tweet fast across the accounts depending on subject. It was mega easy with the old picker. This new dropdown menu is a major step back. I like progress so gave this a good go. It is beyond dreadful. Please please please listen to these votes

Change it back please. I have nearly 100 accounts that I manage and this is simply not going to work. We will be downgrading out account and looking at other options until this is corrected.

• ChrisChris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely stinks and adds LOTS more time. I would suggest making a change before loyal subscribers and users such as me and the rest here go elsewhere.

• Ian LamontIan Lamont commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I downgraded my Hootsuite Pro account yesterday, specifically because of this change and the lack of any response to questions about when the new drop-down social picker will be replaced. I'll consider returning if the future social network selector is as good or better than the pre-June "grid" selector, but in the meantime am trying other tools.

Please bring back the old picker... The new one is too click intensive and is not a good or useful step forward...

Agree agree agree, worst 'upgrade' ever! And to suggest your customers don't like change is just rude.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base