I suggest you ...

Allow us to drag and drop sort the social network icons on the top right (the ones we checkmark)

It is difficult to to eye scan all the social network icons inside the platform to which I might want to stream a message. It would be TEN times better to be able to sort them from left to right in the order that I prefer. And it would be even better if I were able to add separators (like Firefox bookmarks) in between the set of group profiles. (icons - upper portion of website)

338 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Michael ShepherdMichael Shepherd shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: I would like to maintain my numerous Twitter accounts in alphabetical order.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: put social netwoks into categories  ·   · 
    Jon PacificJon Pacific shared a merged idea: allow user to rearrange social icons at message bar  ·   · 
    Jeffrey WardJeffrey Ward shared a merged idea: make the avatars at the top of the dashboard arrangeable  ·   · 
    NancyNancy shared a merged idea: PLEASE let us arrange the social network icons in the order we want.  ·   · 
    adam signoreadam signore shared a merged idea: Stop removing my ideas because some vague new feature is called a solution when it is not!  ·   · 
    @DanielMosley@DanielMosley shared a merged idea: Enable manual sorting of social networks on the web like we can on mobile app (iPhone).  ·   · 
    Dusten Lee HarwardDusten Lee Harward shared a merged idea: ability to sort social media icons into groups  ·   · 
    AlisonAlison shared a merged idea: allow the user to reorder avatars in their desired order.  ·   · 
    Joanna HaltonJoanna Halton shared a merged idea: Rearrange the order of network icons at the top  ·   · 
    under review  ·  TravisAdminTravis (Admin, HootSuite) responded  · 

Hi there! Thanks for reaching out to us!

While we don’t have any plans on our roadmap for changing the order of the social network profiles in the social network picker at this time, it is an idea we are exploring.

In the meantime, to learn more about our current social profile picker (and see some tips and tricks for it) head to our helpdesk article at https://help.hootsuite.com/entries/21774775-Tips-Tricks-The-Social-Profile-Picker.

Thank you for using HootSuite!
    Travis | Customer Support – Technical Lead | @HootSuite_Help

47 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • TonyTony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please Engineers of Hootsuite,

Increase the area to choose the groups of facebook, and make it more easily to work, increasing the size of groups icons. A system with check boxes would make it better too...

This think to pass the mouse over the icon of the group, to know the name of group is very difficult and waste time....

Thanks and Regards!

• Itamar HaberItamar Haber commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Couldn't agree more - makes Hootsuite nearly unusable with multiple networks using the same avatar (e.g. the company's brand).

• JasonJason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

November 2013… Over three and a half years since the original suggestion came up and is still badly needed. Please!

• Sean SwentekSean Swentek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be highly beneficial to also be able to rename the networks on the Hootsuite side, in order to tell those apart with similar avatars.

• Paul JorgensonPaul Jorgenson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

October 2013 and this is still badly needed. My corporate account has many different accounts (in English and French) and being able to re-order them would be hugely helpful.

• Melanie RenzulliMelanie Renzulli commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

August 2013 and this is still needed. I need to be able to rearrange the order in which the networks are displayed as some of the avatars on my company accounts are so similar I fear that I'll be tweeting out information from the wrong account. Please consider this feature.

• Edward OwenEdward Owen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still needed on 04/14/13. Looks like people have been requesting for a while. My first request, but boy would it be nice!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree, and please let us hide and unhide icons for profiles that aren't often used. Thanks!

• TaufanPRTaufanPR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please fix this. I need to move icons for my networks. Thanks before :)

• Sandor BenkoSandor Benko commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Let us drag drop sort, or at least group them in a sensible manner. I have 100+ facebook groups placed between my twitter profiles and my linkedin profile. ridiculous, this is why I won't be using Pro when free trial expires

• brianbrian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have several sets of facebook groups. Being able to put them into folders or better yet, tagging them for organization would be tremendously helpful. Then if I want to my message to be posted in all the facebook groups tagged "blogging" i could just choose that tag.

• alysonpsalysonps commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yep, me three. Especially befuddling since we CAN re-arrange them in the mobile app.

• alysonpsalysonps commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seems bizarre that this hasn't been done yet, given that you CAN re-arrange them in the mobile app. Time to make it easy!

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's too easy to accidentally select the wrong icon and post something to a customer's account!

I would also like to "hide" rarely used icons.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base