I suggest you ...

Allow bulk uploads so lots of tweets can be scheduled with one file upload.

Enable some means to upload a CSV or some other spreadsheet format that would enable scheduling a lot of votes all at once, with one file upload.

125 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Andrew MinchewAndrew Minchew shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    lawrence allenlawrence allen shared a merged idea: ablility to schedule mulitiple post for future dates on social networks  ·   · 
    ALLOW MULTIPLE POSTS OF THE SAME ALLOW MULTIPLE POSTS OF THE SAME shared a merged idea: SCHEDULE MULTIPLE TIMES/DAYS IN ONE INSTANT  ·   · 

42 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Kelsea Kelsea commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

hi! Has anyone perfected the .csv file? I need to send out 50 tweets per day.. have a hard time formatting the sheet, especially when the date is the 1st, 2nd, 3rd

• JoeJoe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm having the same problem as everybody else ... excel changes date format and instead of them scheduled for february 4, they are scheduled for April 2. Help? Otherwise, the bulk uploader has no value.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have tried all the suggestions in your forum, but cannot get the bulk uploader to accept the date format. Working in Outlook 10

• ZebraZebra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you have been frustrated trying to use the Bulk Upload in Hootsuite.com, download this completely free utility now and get the CSV file right the first time. This is an Excel spreadsheet that will randomize your tweets and create output files that can be imported directly into Hootsuite.com in the correct format. There’s no need to tediously manipulate the date format and the endless trial and error, tweeking the file. The file(s) upload correctly the first time, every time. http://www.HootSuiteBulkUploader.com

• rjgrandrjgrand commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i continue to get errors when the date i.e. 01/10/2011 (October 1, 2011). Hootsuite's format is DDMMYYYY HH:MM but somehow it appears the system doesn't know that the 1st is a day and not a month. Is there a fix for this. I need it right away!!

• JesusJesus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bulk Up;oads t was working Perfect unitil publisher was posted.....

• CindyCindy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Anyone know why when I upload scheduled csv some of the tweets are not pulling in the urls, # and/or @... seems to be random. I have examined the spreadsheet to try and find similarities with the posts that are not uploading correctly, but I'm not seeing any pattern. Is punctuation a no-no or am I just not getting something very simple... it wouldn't be the first time

• KarenKaren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Are there plans to make this available via api? A spreadsheet still requires some manual process.

• eloisaeloisa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

anyone please i need help on how to enter scheduled tweets in a day. i need to enter 3 tweets, different time a day. thanks, would appreciate your comment on this.

• TonyTony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I used the sample csv to go in and create and upload 10 tweets over the next five days, and I had no problem whatsoever. Even tweets that were schedule to go out on 15/02/2011.

I would like to see the ability to set bulk upload post to random posting. **/02/2011 **:** and then once uploaded, it would just assign a date/time.

• Anthony McLeanAnthony McLean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So you haven't fixed this yet?
        Was the fact that you offer a sample date of 16/11/2010 just an accident or strtgeically intentional to dodge this issue? One of the reasons I chose to pay for Hootsuite was this bulk "promise". But, from what I can see, this "feature" won't be of any value until October 10th.

• hoot manhoot man commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If i do the free trial can I bulk upload 4 months of tweets and then cancel the trial? Or will the bulk-uploaded tweets fail once i cancel?

• Don BergquistDon Bergquist commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Cynthia - Once you get your Time/Date issue sorted, then the posting in random order could not be easier! Save your fifty messages in a spreadsheet. Calculate the frequency that the posts are to have and change the value in the "Date/Time" field to be a calculation of the time in the cell above + the repeat offset. (For the same time every day, it would be =a1+1 in cell a2.)

Finally, before saving the spreadsheet, add a column (that will not be saved into the CSV) that will be used to "randomize" the order of the spreadsheet.

(One easy way to do this is to pick some word - such as the name of the momth, your name, your favorite color, etc.) and spell it one letter per cell down this new column. Then sort by that column, make sure you have the first scehdule date/time in Cell a1, copy the calculation for the next transmission down the column, and delete your randomizer column.

Now you're ready to save the file and transmit it.

• CynthiaCynthia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also LOVE to see a function where these posts can be posted in random order on a continuous basis. The bulk upload is a great improvement but for someone who sends out the same 50 or so posts, trying to organize them each time in a random order is very time consuming and to have to load the 50 posts (with new dates, times, etc.) is also time consuming. Anything in the future for this?

Adam,
        I'm not sure if this will help but I use the custom format (via Format, 'format cells', then 'custom') for the date and format it to DD/MM/YYYY HH:MM this automatically adds the necessary zeros.

i continue to get errors when the date anything over 12. i.e. 13/1/2011 (January 13, 2011). Hootsuite's format is DDMMYYYY HH:MM but somehow it appears the system doesn't know that the 13th is a day and not a month. Is there a fix for this. I need it right away!!

• AdamAdam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Major issue with this!

The formatting example uses two-digit days/months... unfortunately, if you need anything else (1/3/2010 08:35) then Excel automatically converts your numbers to dates and drops the zeros, which causes HootSuite to error out.

Try fixing that... would appreciate not having to copy everything to a text file and add the zeros manually.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just sent a message to the helpdesk about this. I just joined Hootsuite. Hopefully I we see some type of solution or workaround in the comments.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base