I suggest you ...

I want to be able clear read tweets/status updates that I've already read..

I'm coming to HootSuite from TweetDeck and it was very useful for me to be able to clear my columns after I'd read/skimmed through my received tweets and status updates so when I next looked at TweetDeck I start with a clean slate and don't have to try to remember/find where I left off in each of the five Twitter accounts, three Facebook fan pages, personal Facebook feed, and two mySpace pages that I manage. I really love HootSuite, but this is a feature that I'm really missing from TweetDeck.

1,551 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Shawn IngramShawn Ingram shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: add "Clear stream" capability for all streams.  ·   · 
    Roxanne R. RoarkRoxanne R. Roark shared a merged idea: add a clear message option, INSTEAD OF "clear stream"  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Include "clear feed" on lists. Considering leaving HootSuite because I cannot clear my feeds.  ·   · 
    Roxanne R. RoarkRoxanne R. Roark shared a merged idea: add a clear message option, instead of clear stream  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: enable users to delete content from their streams  ·   · 
    PabloPablo shared a merged idea: PLEASE, add a button or something to clear the read tweets in the stream, i dont' want to re-re-re-read the old tweets!, do somethig!  ·   · 
    Jim OcelotJim Ocelot shared a merged idea: Allow us to "hide" or "dismiss" individual incoming tweets on the Home Feed once they've been read.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: دعم التواصل  ·   · 
    LucLuc shared a merged idea: to add a feature that provides the possibility to clear one or more columns when I've read all the messages.  ·   · 
    Ed ScottEd Scott shared a merged idea: Add a way to remove the posts already read without having to remove the stream!  ·   · 
    iamviolettaiamvioletta shared a merged idea: Your site is impossible! How am I supposed to delete tweets? After I respond to them, I want them to go away! Just copy CoTweet.  ·   · 
    slybslyb shared a merged idea: allow the ability to clear/delete mentions  ·   · 
    Jan KokJan Kok shared a merged idea: Possibility to hide previously loaded updates after restart.  ·   · 
    Delaney DiamondDelaney Diamond shared a merged idea: Ability to clear a stream  ·   · 
    MichelleMichelle shared a merged idea: Allow clearing of stream  ·   · 
    MrAndrewBradleyMrAndrewBradley shared a merged idea: delete previously viewed tweets in all streams  ·   · 
    Jennifer DennardJennifer Dennard shared a merged idea: create a way to clear posts/updates that have already been read in individual streams  ·   · 
    Jefferis PetersonJefferis Peterson shared a merged idea: Get a way of clearing or hiding FOREVER read tweets and posts. Stopped using Hootsuite cause of it  ·   · 
    Wes WrightWes Wright shared a merged idea: Mark Read  ·   · 
    started  ·  Nicole WinstoneAdminNicole Winstone (Admin, HootSuite) responded  · 

You are now able to clear read tweets for Home Feed, Mentions and Direct Messages.

To do so, click the arrow at the top of the stream then select Clear Stream. Once this has been done, you can recover your stream by clicking that same arrow and selecting Restore Cleared Messages. This will clear all tweets currently in the stream and only tweets sent after the time of clearing will appear in the stream.

160 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • bcarruthbcarruth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Do they ever work on this? The clear stream functionality is still not working correctly, old posts still keep showing up in the stream as unread, this has potential but with a bad support staff I'm not willing to upgrade to the Pro till this is fixed.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there a way to do this on the iPad app? I can't seem to find the answer anywhere.

• Jose JimenezJose Jimenez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I read that this is also being added to search or monitoring columns but I can't see it. Can you clarify if this is the case or not?

• JohnJohn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is not working for lists, which is what I meanly watch

Doesn't work, when the page refreshes the old tweets come back. It's a start but have a ways to go.

• Jason WeisbrotJason Weisbrot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unfortunately, this isn't working properly as when I reload the page the cleared tweets are still visible. Also, the functionality will really only be useful if it can be used on twitter lists as well. Please add that!

• Pentium10Pentium10 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This doesn't work as expected as after a couple of minutes or random intervals the feeds is back with full entries again. Temporarily indeed clears the feed, but something goes wrong and puts it back.

• uniprojectuniproject commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another user looking to "mark as read" or clear columns, ideally with a keystroke or at least with one-click. Especially for Twitter saved searches. Until then, I'll need to move on. Thanks.

This feature will never be put in, it's been out there for a long time, discussed in the Hootsuite forums for several years, I cannot use this (or pay for it) unless this is put in. If nothing else make the read tweets a different color than the new ones, that shouldn't be a big fix.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base