I suggest you ...

Restore Fluid-Like App Features

Your support people tell me you've abandoned supporting the use of HS in an app-like window until itself using Chrome. Please consider restoring that support as it was most convenient to have HS is a dedicated window accessed via the taskbar. Thanks!

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Tom DoughertyTom Dougherty shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    TravisAdminTravis (Admin, HootSuite) responded  · 

Hello, and thanks for reaching out to us!

While we no longer support Fluid, HootSuite is still usable and supported through the desktop shortcut functionality in Google Chrome. This feature of Google Chrome is currently available for Windows and Linux.

To learn more about making Chrome desktop application shortcuts, please head to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95710?hl=en.

Thank you.

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Tom DoughertyTom Dougherty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for the update. Just knowing it's a known issue that is under review by the dev team is helpful.

• TravisAdminTravis (Admin, HootSuite) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Tom,

The confirm, the error of the left navigation bar opening when the mouse cursor leaves the Chrome application window is currently a known issue, and has been escalated to our developers for investigation.

While we do not have a resolution ETA at this time, we recommend browsing to http://HootSuite.com through the Chrome web browser as per normal as a work-around.

Thank you.

• Tom DoughertyTom Dougherty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That is actually what I am doing, and the Fluid reference was from one of your own tech reps. My problem is just lately in Chrome on Windows 7 with a simple taskbar shortcut to open the browser, the HS left nav panel exposes itself whenever the focus leaves the main app window. Not the end of the world but quite annoying since it's been working great this way for 2+ years. Any ideas?

Feedback and Knowledge Base