I suggest you ...

create a hashtag recommendation tool based on entered text or often used hastags

Either like the @[suggestion] feature, or a new feature that utilizes entered text or frequently used hashtags, the user will see recommended hashtags to add to post to help us maximize our use of the feature.

275 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Adam BurkAdam Burk shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: give us option to have hashtag automatically attached in tweets -  ·   · 
    stevesteve shared a merged idea: ... include permanent preset shortcuts to hashtags  ·   · 
    Marisa_CMarisa_C shared a merged idea: ...add auto-including hashtags when replying while in a hashtagged discussion or column.  ·   · 
    VedranVedran shared a merged idea: Hashtag Suggestion Tool  ·   · 
    Matthew HorbundMatthew Horbund shared a merged idea: when i reply to someone using a hashtag, the hashtag should automatically populate (or at least be an option i can have)  ·   · 
    Cynthia RavinskiCynthia Ravinski shared a merged idea: Add a clickable list in the message composition section for frequent hash tags a user has posted  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: macros  ·   · 
    JosordoniJosordoni shared a merged idea: have twitter posts automatically include #tags the same way that Tweetdeck does  ·   · 
    Dan LevyDan Levy shared a merged idea: Include a hashtag picker/autocomplete so we don't have to type them in in full every time we tweet  ·   · 
    Simon BangsSimon Bangs shared a merged idea: Add a Hash Tag shortcut  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Add # to compose window  ·   · 
    John VaskoJohn Vasko shared a merged idea: Ability to have stored hashcodes  ·   · 
    Nicole Yeary Nicole Yeary shared a merged idea: Chat function that adds a hashtag to tweets like tweetchat  ·   · 
    Maria HuemmerMaria Huemmer shared a merged idea: add an option to automatically add hashtags to a particular twitter accounts  ·   · 
    Il Jun HongIl Jun Hong shared a merged idea: Make a hashtag save/load function  ·   · 
    equipmentfxsalesequipmentfxsales shared a merged idea: Add dropdown menu for user created hashtags (sortable into groups)  ·   · 
    Nicole Yeary Nicole Yeary shared a merged idea: Cloud popular @'s or #'s  ·   · 
    julieshortjulieshort shared a merged idea: Provide a hashtag box for auto tagging of tweets  ·   · 
    lyonsdigitallyonsdigital shared a merged idea: Save hash tags for reuse  ·   · 
    Richard WachtelRichard Wachtel shared a merged idea: add the ability to add hashtags to the Suffix of each post  ·   · 
    Sjur GrønningsæterSjur Grønningsæter shared a merged idea: Auto fill #tags  ·   · 
    planned  ·  Chris from HootSuiteChris from HootSuite responded  · 

On certain mobile apps, there’s an auto-complete feature for hashtags. We’re exploring way to also include this for the web app.

21 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • elaine ossipovelaine ossipov commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I came to ask that you would please include the Hashtags.org hashtags and the twitter definitions too, but especially hashtag.org.

• Indent MarketingIndent Marketing commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tweetbot do this really well. They display #hashtags as you type that are being used by your followers/following - It would be a great addition to Hootsuite.

• Bill HardisonBill Hardison commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see this expanded to allow for a hashtag setting. So that the same hashtag is used unless changed. When I create a tweet destined for a widget on our web site I use the a hashtag to identify it. Personal tweets for obvious reasons do not get said hashtag.

• MattMatt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add the ability to append text to RSS/Atom feeds; seems like an easy enough thing to do, but would better allow for hashtags at the end of twitter posts.

• The ChemicsThe Chemics commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could you please add the ability to add a suffix (append) tags or text at the end of a message auto posted by an RSS/Atom feed. Having the ability to add text to the beginning of the item of the feed is useful i.e. adding 'News' or 'Blog' but we also need to ability to add hash tags at the end of each tweet that is sent via RSS/Atom feed too.

• John ColemanJohn Coleman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add the ability when using the Atom/RSS feed importer to be able to add a suffix at the end of each post. I currently have to add my hash tags at the start of the message which looks a bit silly!

• mariannemarianne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

oh yes please! There are two hashtags I use in almost every tweet, the ability to choose from a drop-down menu would be fantastic!

• forrestwineryforrestwinery commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree can't believe no one else has brought this up. We need a column that allows us to manage and store our #hashtags. Have the ability to track them.

• forteaboforteabo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

must have a drop down menu for hashtag. Tweetdeck has it except you can't organize it by groups. Hashtag option should be added to the "COMPOSE" section when you hide the keyboard

• lyonsdigitallyonsdigital commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have another app that does this. This is especially useful in Tweetup situations where the entire group uses a shared tag and reuses the tag throughout the event hoping to build a trending topic.

Feedback and Knowledge Base