I suggest you ...

Stop tabs/boxes from automatically opening.

Many tabs and menus on the Hootsuite interface automatically open. Most of these are fine. However, in the publisher tab, to the left of the content box is a sort of 'social media selection' box. If the mouse curser rolls over the menu, it automatically opens and closes/deactivates the box for typing content. Often (and my coworkers have expressed similar issues), I'll click the content box and brush my mouse curser to the side, resulting in my message being typed in the 'social media selection' box. This is annoying, but manageable. Other times, I'll highlight the content box and brush my curser to the side and click backspace (mistakenly thinking Hootsuite still has me in the content box), resulting in my browser taking me back to earlier pages (often to the effect of deleting my unfinished post). This is incredibly annoying, and others I've talked to have expressed similar complaints. It would incredibly to just require a click to enter the 'social media selection' box, just as is done with the content box. Please make this small change.

4 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    NolanNolan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    SpaceRatSpaceRat shared a merged idea: Need to stop the toolbar from expanding every time the mouse cursor goes across it.  ·   · 

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • NolanNolan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

*I initially to the left of the content box - I mean to the right.

Feedback and Knowledge Base