I suggest you ...

Mute users

Have the option to mute users in your timeline.

1,153 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Ross LaRoccoRoss LaRocco shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Add the ability to filter @mentions in a stream. Not block the user, useful in hiding automated tweets  ·   · 
    JasmineJasmine shared a merged idea: enable certain Twitter handles to be blocked from feeds  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Mute posts from followed accounts based on keyword.  ·   · 
    IvonneIvonne shared a merged idea: Mute  ·   · 
    Joffre FloresJoffre Flores shared a merged idea: Mute Button would be great! Sometimes i want to mute some users who spam my TL, but not unfollow them, just mute  ·   · 
    Lydia Lydia shared a merged idea: Add a mute button  ·   · 
    Bo GowanBo Gowan shared a merged idea: Ignore specific twitter accounts  ·   · 
    ChrisChris shared a merged idea: A way to filter my Mentions so that tweets from certain users don't appear in the stream.  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: be able to delete certain followers or fans from newsfeeds like yoono so I can like more people without the clutter in my hootsuite newsfeed  ·   · 
    c55c55 shared a merged idea: Mute sources!  ·   · 
    nubanuba shared a merged idea: Hide tweets replies starting with @users I don't follow  ·   · 
    charlottehaavikcharlottehaavik shared a merged idea: make an option to mute hashtags and users  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Add a mute feature so I can ignore people without unfollowing them  ·   · 
    hayleyhayley shared a merged idea: allow to zip users so they don't keep showing in my mentions  ·   · 
    Diet JusticeDiet Justice shared a merged idea: Ability to silence a feed  ·   · 
    itsMyronitsMyron shared a merged idea: Add the Mute Function.  ·   · 
    BrandieBrandie shared a merged idea: Mute Function  ·   · 
    hillel_kittyhillel_kitty shared a merged idea: mute or muzzle friend w/o unfollowing  ·   · 
    SiminaSimina shared a merged idea: I want to hide updates from some people I follow so I don't see their updates in my home feed stream  ·   · 
    DanielDaniel shared a merged idea: allow to filter out tweets from certain users (or containing certain words) from a stream.  ·   · 
    stemstem shared a merged idea: please please please add mute feature for users, hashtags, etc. all are adding that feature now  ·   · 
    Denis EvsyukovDenis Evsyukov shared a merged idea: Hide replies to other users  ·   · 
    ShowMeOKCShowMeOKC shared a merged idea: It would be great to have the ability to mute a certain user or hashtag for a set amount of time.  ·   · 
    Manuel CastroManuel Castro shared a merged idea: Allow the twitter home feed to exclude some lists  ·   · 
    grayvickgrayvick shared a merged idea: To be able to mute twitterers and hide facebook friends from my feed.  ·   · 
    andybryantandybryant shared a merged idea: Allow me to create a block list for users on all columns  ·   · 
    bsetterbsetter shared a merged idea: Hide tweets for a while feature.  ·   · 
    liles.jillliles.jill shared a merged idea: way to mark (not block or report) people you unfollow  ·   · 

111 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I stopped using Hootsuite months ago because I can't mute a user. Include this feature and I'll be back.

I fully agree with Jay Stevens' post on Oct 30, 2013. An option to permanently and temporarily mute users and hashtags in main Twitter stream is the most important missing functionality of HootSuite to me (both desktop and mobile versions).

This feature is so important to me I can't use Hootsuite without it. You've been talking, time for action.

• Jay StephensJay Stephens commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

agree with those suggesting:
        1 - mute individual user
        2 - mute hashtag/word/phrase
        3 - mute list within stream

have the mute default to (say) 24h, with option to set exact expiry time or make it permanent until revoked, and when revoking, always display list of all current filters?

• RobRob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes - let's revisit this asap! Other apps offer this feature.

This needs to be brought up for discussion again! In my community, there are multiple Twitter accounts that are bots, and are clogging up streams of hashtags that I have to monitor for work with a pointless post every few minutes. I have reported them, but it hasn't done anything. I would give anything to be able to "mute" these accounts and make them disappear!!

• Nathan BobbinNathan Bobbin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Along these same lines, I'd like to be able to filter out a list from my Twitter stream. For example, I have a Twitter list named "media" - this list is full of very chatty people. I would like the ability to see tweets from everyone I follow with these chatty media people filtered out.

No, its not mute users - its mute topics - like bloody football. It can be done on other devices, come on Hootsuite, if we can put 'football' in a column, it can't be that hard to add a mute option.

• acaiwinner.comacaiwinner.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

sorry to be blunt: but you must be kidding us: you are "considering" this option since October 2011? Hello? It is August 2013? 2 years to think about a feature that is obviously needed and a no brainer.

• EvaEva commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be great to be able to mute some hashtags... like #royalbaby #yolo and the rest... Ruining my timeline!

• ValerieValerie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to be able to filter out tweets that are completely in a foreign language.

• grizeldagloopgrizeldagloop commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had Echofon (now defunct for Windows) and I really miss this. I've tried Twitbin, which has the feature, but users don't stay muted on closing and reopening the browser, so it's useless.
        I'd like to be able to mute until I decide to unmute, not the Twitter client.

• Crumble NeedyCrumble Needy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need the ability to mute users and hashtags _in the timeline_, not just in a search. This is fairly common twitter client functionality - and it's there in Seesmic. When are you going to integrate the platforms?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base