I suggest you ...

Offer the option for pop up notifications (especially desktop client).

I like the sound notification. But that is only for the live tab. We loose out on what is going on in the other tabs. Especially if we are working on other documents and have hootsuite in the background. A optional notification for all tabs would be great. A optional pop up would be even better. Again...for all tabs. Not just the live tab.

880 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jose FernandezJose Fernandez shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Notification Tool -  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Light spot  ·   · 
    Nicolas El HayekNicolas El Hayek shared a merged idea: enable notifications upon mentions for mobile and MAC OS.  ·   · 
    MarkMark shared a merged idea: Add some sort of notification center/icon  ·   · 
    Francis PetitFrancis Petit shared a merged idea: notification  ·   · 
    Nick BosticNick Bostic shared a merged idea: Add Mountain Lion Notification Support in Safari  ·   · 
    MarieLizetteMarieLizette shared a merged idea: Column Notifications  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Different tab notification,,pop up, chimes,something  ·   · 
    Gary ButlerGary Butler shared a merged idea: Add notification alerts from Facebook, Twitter and Foursquare postings that users made previously.  ·   · 
    Ahmad FouadAhmad Fouad shared a merged idea: Add a desktop notifications f  ·   · 
    William AllenWilliam Allen shared a merged idea: no popup notifications like Tweetdeck  ·   · 
    @sassypiehole@sassypiehole shared a merged idea: would <3 to see you guys add SOUND to your app so i can tell when new mentions/DMs come in!  ·   · 
    eBookNoireBookNoir shared a merged idea: notifications for hastags  ·   · 
    greg goddengreg godden shared a merged idea: Tweet Alerts/Notifications  ·   · 
    David TeicherDavid Teicher shared a merged idea: New Follower Notification - Either in a Pop Up Window or Tab  ·   · 
    Mark SimondsMark Simonds shared a merged idea: Support HTML5 Notification API to allow AIR-like desktop notifications.  ·   · 
    sharpmachinesharpmachine shared a merged idea: Pop-up notification like Tweetdeck  ·   · 
    soliddnasoliddna shared a merged idea: Popup allert  ·   · 
    Gabriel PoseyGabriel Posey shared a merged idea: add an 'on/off' button for sound notifications on each column.  ·   · 
    igiturigitur shared a merged idea: implement Google Chrome's desktop notifications  ·   · 
    John CorneggeJohn Cornegge shared a merged idea: add an audible/visible notification for mentions/search. Not just for any new update.  ·   · 
    Liam ClishamLiam Clisham shared a merged idea: Work with Growl  ·   · 

70 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • ChazChaz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like the sound and browser flash but it only works for the current tab. Can you make the tab flash or something? Missing response time and opportunities. That would be great, thanks.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm currently on the free trial package and are seriously thinking to quit because of this ...

I hear sound then when i go on hootsuite how to know where is a notification? i have 50 accounts and around 15 tabs i need 15 min to look all that...

• BrianBrian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You've been "reviewing" this for TWO YEARS NOW. It's time to SOGOTP. It's getting annoying. It's obvious that people want this feature. Lesser apps like Janetter already do it. Is there a reason you don't bother? COME ON.

• JimJim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 for desktop notifications of new tweets via Growl or something similar, until then I think a lot of us still will be using Tweetdeck solely for this reason.

Also a full notification displaying all 140 characters, not just the first line or two of text would be highly preferred.

Thank you!

• SarahSarah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agreed - we need desktop notifications as soon as - like others have said I can't be watching Hootsuite all day 'in case' someone tries to interact with our multiple brands, but need to be prompt to reply if someone does - that's the whole point of trying to manage social media accounts effectively. Come on Hootsuite, we need this one!

• Mike BehnkeMike Behnke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must have feature if you have migrated from TweetDeck. This and the inactivity timeout are the 2 things keeping me from being a fan so far.

• Harold PhillipsHarold Phillips commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With so many users (like myself) considering migrating from Tweetdeck to Hootsuite, I'd highly encourage you to put this option on the front-burner. Tweetdeck's desktop client's "Pop Up" notifyer was a very useful tool; no matter what I was doing on the computer I'd see "breaking news" in the corner of the screen when it came up. I'd really LOVE to see this added to Hootsuite somehow...

• Mike GarciaMike Garcia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently under review......... Let's get on with it, people! Don't expect that Hootsuite is so important that EVERYONE sits around watching it for updates! Just implement notifications for every client everyone's asked for, like Tweetdeck does natively, but I'm getting off TD before they close up the desktop / Android versions in May 2013! Feel special I jumped over to HS and get to the functionality already!

Wow. This idea (and the 'Under Review' status) is now very o-l-d ... Are you *actually* considering this feature? HootSuite is great in so many ways, but actually very poor in the core function of social media which is *conversation*.

The lack of timely notifications (in browser-based app and in iOS apps) is bewildering. A user cannot engage in a conversation if they are unaware of replies. Imagine having a face-to-face conversation with someone who only spoke every 30 minutes or longer. It doesn't work. This is how it feels to use HootSuite, compared with using TweetDeck and SproutSocial.

HootSuite effectively *hides* conversations (no (real) notifications, recent replies/mentions/DMs etc. hidden away on tabs). This is a huge gap (obvious omission) in HootSuite's feature set.

Even in the iOS apps, the 'notifications' appear in the app badge, but then when the app is opened, there is *no* indication as to where these recent messages are (i.e. on which tab). Truly useless. Please let us know if you are taking this feature request seriously. Or will it remain 'Under Review' for another 2 years?

• Jacob SmithJacob Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make it notify for all tabs. Currently I have HootSuite open 4 times in my browser, just so I get notified of all. But don't use Growl, it's annoying.

• BrianBrian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be really good for those of us who use twitter to watch hashtags and interact with people. Until this happens, i can't use HS as my primary twitter client, as tweetdeck has this. Please make it happen!

• Barney LertenBarney Lerten commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Funny, my first weekend with both Seesmic Desktop and Hootsuite open, each has pluses. I like the little sound from Hootsuite and the pop-ups from SD. Hopefully the acqusition makes both possible (and optional of course;-) -- I also hope you add ability to up/downsize the type. Oh and SD makes it FAR easier to tweet a link - copy it in, it auto-shortens. With you guys it's not only a separate field BUT you then have to click 'shorten.' Um, no;-)

• SarahSarah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Notifications would be great, I end up missing engagement such as mentions, retweets etc because i'm not just sat watching the streams all day! Sound notifications are no good in an office environment, visual ones would be great (even if they were just like the drop downs on LinkedIn and Facebook). Also push notifications for iPhone and IPad apps would be handy.

• Pablo RoseroPablo Rosero commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You should use Chrome Desktop notifications which work on all platforms and integrate with Mountain Lion's Notification Center.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes, i think the same ide.. make pop up and sound notification on HootSuite.. thanks

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base