I suggest you ...

HootSuite Desktop Customization

It would be awesome if there was the capability to customize the colors/themes of HootSuite Desktop as with other Twitter clients. Even if the selection was limited to just several choices.

80 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Coldwell BankerColdwell Banker shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    RollieRollie shared a merged idea: UI update  ·   · 
    John PettiforJohn Pettifor shared a merged idea: have some options for themes and looks  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: User Interface Themes  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Themes  ·   · 
    Almedin ČandićAlmedin Čandić shared a merged idea: Please face-lift the design  ·   · 
    BryanBryan shared a merged idea: change the interface. it's ugly, slow and old. it's been years, update your app.  ·   · 
    Dhiren Dhiren shared a merged idea: input 4 or 5 different colour schemes, i dont like the grey interface.  ·   · 
    karlakarla shared a merged idea: you should upload a new color themes, we spend a lot of time in the dashboard and is a little sad always watch the same grey color  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Themes  ·   · 
    YuYu shared a merged idea: A black and blue theme please  ·   · 
    Cameron TsongCameron Tsong shared a merged idea: More themes  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: should either be able to change into more themes, or compose your own coloring themes for the web-dashboard. That would rock socks :)  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: More themes from Web version.  ·   · 
    Rob CottinghamRob Cottingham shared a merged idea: Allow each tab to have its own theme  ·   · 
    Leigh DudenhoefferLeigh Dudenhoeffer shared a merged idea: give us tweeps more themes to choose from. It would be wonderful to be able to create themes, too.  ·   · 
    Andrew WooldridgeAndrew Wooldridge shared a merged idea: allow for third party theme development  ·   · 
    Miguel Miranda de MattosMiguel Miranda de Mattos shared a merged idea: Custom colors or a dark background color option needed for accessibility... My $0,02.  ·   · 
    Aaron FergusonAaron Ferguson shared a merged idea: allow the user to choose background colors.  ·   · 
    started  ·  SarahSarah responded  · 

You can choose between three theme options under Preferences (Classic, Blue Steel and Magnum). We’ll look to add more color customization in the future.
    Thanks for your feedback.

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • YoannYoann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add a "white clean theme" without gradient. Something very simple.

• Almedin ČandićAlmedin Čandić commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Sarah, thanks for your reply!

Sure I changed the theme a couple of times, but unfortunately it does not get much prettier..

But I shouldn't complain at all since Hootsuite is free & works well :-)

Best,
        Almedin

• Angel IuvaleAngel Iuvale commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am migrating to Hootsuite from TweetDeck which I have happily used for 3 years. On my mobile, my eyes don't like the lighter backgrounds, I always use a dark background and white text in TweetDeck. However the Hootsuite dark theme has no distinguishing color for hashtags, usernames and links, so to me, it's unusable. I would certainly appreciate a more customizable system. Thanks.

• Doug LacombeDoug Lacombe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to see full color control of all elements like Tweetdeck has so I can pick what's easy on my eyes.

Feedback and Knowledge Base