I suggest you ...

error messages

I suggest you change the error messages box somewhere else, it bothers when I´m trying to fix/resend my message. I suggest you send it to the middle of the screen.

27 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    budalocobudaloco shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    David MillarDavid Millar shared a merged idea: move the error message for choosing accounts  ·   · 
    Marcos OrtizMarcos Ortiz shared a merged idea: Create cleaner error messages for HootSuite  ·   · 
    José M. AlarcónJosé M. Alarcón shared a merged idea: Avoid info Messages to show above social network icons  ·   · 
    FinnusFinnus shared a merged idea: Move the notifications to a designated space so there is no obstructive overlay onto profile icons  ·   · 
    James TaylorJames Taylor shared a merged idea: Stop the status messages from appearing in front of - and so obscuring - the social network icons.  ·   · 
    bunnyherobunnyhero shared a merged idea: let me dismiss the error messages  ·   · 
    under review  ·  Chris from HootSuiteChris from HootSuite responded  · 

We’re always reviewing how to best display error messages. But, no matter what, we want to make sure users see the errors. Hence the current placement.

Regardless, if there’s a better way to display them, we’re all ears.

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Carl ConradCarl Conrad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My issue is that when having a message publishing error, the message only displays for a fraction of a second. Thus unreadable.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been getting this error for the last week or every time I try to bulk post
        500 Internal Server Error The server was unable to complete your request.

Why did this happen?

Our servers are just too busy for our own good.
        The internet broke (ie. The tubes are full)
        The date is Sunday, December 23, 2012.
        We had a little hiccup. Try reloading the page.

• Jeffrey PiaJeffrey Pia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Above the textbox or maybe below the network account icons (not sure if that works when someone has a ton of linked accounts). Pretty much anywhere other than directly above the network icons, which I need to click on 9 times out of 10.

• Jeffrey PiaJeffrey Pia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. It hampers the user experience when the error message pops up directly over the social network icons, especially when the error is that I forgot to select a social network.

• FinnusFinnus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would make posting smoother and save time if posting a lot each day

Feedback and Knowledge Base