I suggest you ...

Relationship Status

Hootsuite for web should show the relationship between my account(s) and the person whose profile I'm viewing in much the same way Hootsuite Lite for Android does

518 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    turbobrownturbobrown shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Michael OBrienMichael OBrien shared a merged idea: Am I following you?  ·   · 
    DaveDave shared a merged idea: When I click on a profile  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: You make it clear on someone's profile if you're already following them (eg by having a green "following" notice) and if they're following y  ·   · 
    Yuko OeYuko Oe shared a merged idea: Follwing status is hard to find. Is there any ways to find if the account is following me back and vice versa?  ·   · 
    Laura EdwinsLaura Edwins shared a merged idea: Show when a user follows you.  ·   · 
    Robert WelzbacherRobert Welzbacher shared a merged idea: Selecting multiple accounts to follow a particular account - Twitter  ·   · 
    JuliaJulia shared a merged idea: Be able to follow someone from all twitter profiles at same time.  ·   · 
    Kay OdeiKay Odei shared a merged idea: make the "Follow" button grey on the popup window with a tweeps details grey if they are already followed.  ·   · 
    A B PottsA B Potts shared a merged idea: On the contact list of PEOPLE I AM FOLLOWING it would be lovely to see which of these people are following me.  ·   · 
    Arthur TymosArthur Tymos shared a merged idea: Filter people I follow by if they also follow me  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: see directly on twitter profile if people follow us and if I follow him  ·   · 
    Rob AdamsRob Adams shared a merged idea: Show follow status when viewing a profile in HootSuite  ·   · 
    Bert VisscherBert Visscher shared a merged idea: Show only the Follow, or Unfollow button in a person's bio, depending on whether or not you follow them.  ·   · 
    Nick MatthewsNick Matthews shared a merged idea: Show followers I don't follow back.  ·   · 
    capo_Lv4capo_Lv4 shared a merged idea: Add the icon to appear follower or unfollower in profile window at once.  ·   · 
    Pedro AvilaPedro Avila shared a merged idea: Add ability to verify follower, following or mutual in especific profile  ·   · 
    EBickmannEBickmann shared a merged idea: Followed/Following Tag  ·   · 
    calenecalene shared a merged idea: make unfollow easier  ·   · 
    Tony Michael Tony Michael shared a merged idea: Follow, Unfollow, Block Users with Multiple Accounts.  ·   · 
    RobRob shared a merged idea: The follow/unfollow button should show the profile's status.  ·   · 
    killatweetkillatweet shared a merged idea: provide a link to your profile so you can see followers & following easily.  ·   · 
    Craig CampCraig Camp shared a merged idea: enable us to see who we're following and who's not following us in their profile. Very important!!  ·   · 
    Amanda JonesAmanda Jones shared a merged idea: mutual following status  ·   · 
    tonymichael.comtonymichael.com shared a merged idea: Follow Info: When I click on a username tell me if I am already following them or not.  ·   · 
    completed  ·  Nicole WinstoneAdminNicole Winstone (Admin, HootSuite) responded  · 

You are now able to see your Twitter Relationships through the user bio pop up in the HootSuite dashboard.

Click on a Twitter handle in any stream to open their user bio and down at the bottom you will see Relationships. It tells you if they are following your handle(s) and gives you the option to Follow or Unfollow directly.

Thank you all for your patience!

49 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Francesca De PalmaFrancesca De Palma commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with Gary Ennis, clicking on "View all relationships" I can see only few of my twitter accounts, how can I see all of them?

• Gary EnnisGary Ennis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's not working... or rather - it only shows the relationship status for just a few of my twitter accounts. Clicking on the "View all relationships" only shows 3 of my twitter accounts - we have LOTS more!.. and unfortunately the few that I'd like to check more often than others don't appear :(

• teaneedzteaneedz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on Hootsuite team. This is a really big issue. Don't let the vote count fool you. I actually started using official Twitter (app & website) because of two reasons: 1. Twitter handles Favs better (HS only displays my Fav stream on the dashboard - I want my tweets that are Fav'd too) 2. Relationship status (Twitter lets you see if someone is following back quickly). Your app displays this information nicely. Why doesn't HS on the web do it? You divide contacts into two tabs - People Following Me & People I Follow. That is not enough. This is all about making relationship building easier. Hootsuite is supposed to be the top dog for this. Show us that you understand. I thought at one point that you fixed item 2. Now that I'm back to using HS due to Twitter's blue line fiasco, I see that item 2 is still an issue. Please fix this. PLEASE.

• Scott DScott D commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This to me is the single greatest feature missing from Hootsuite. +one million up votes. Why can't I find out if someone is following me by looking at their profile in Hootsuite? I have to go to twitter.com to see that info? Even better, show it at the tweet level. But at the profile popup level, its a MUST HAVE.

You have that info, display it. Please!

• SandiSandi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I never understood why my Android App had greater functionality then my browser Hootsuite. This is incredibly important to know and extremely helpful.

Also, one NEW function you've started to provide is actually more of a nuisance. Anytime I click on a twitter link in my browser or email - if I'm logged into Hootsuite it opens a HS profile window for them vs. taking me to the user's direct twitter page. While in concept, this is great, but in reality not so much because you don't offer nearly as much information or functionality as their actual Twitter profile page. Until you do that please give the option to turn this off.

• Tim McGheeTim McGhee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Green follow button somewhat misleads to make a person think this feature is already there.

Tim
        13,056 days

• rino19nyrino19ny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes this would be great feature. 2 of 2 features i requested to move our users away from MetroTwit.

• Thu WinThu Win commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to know whether the person I am checking out is following me or not

• brianbrian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely! the android app also has the ability to create streams of saved twitter searches. I find myself at the computer using hootsuite on my phone

• JAM1975JAM1975 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, when I'm viewing "People I follow" there seems to be no way of knowing if they also follow me. Unless I'm missing it?

• VinceVince commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Trialing your product and very impressed except for when I found this feature is missing from the web dashboard. Very big headache as a result...

• James SmithsonJames Smithson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This was such an essential part of CoTweet and from a company point of view we need this function to ensure effective following.

• Mark FriskMark Frisk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I simply don't understand why this functionality doesn't exist iin HootSuite web. It's critical, at least for me, to know which of our Twitter accounts another user is following and, conversely, which of our Twitter accounts are following that other user. Why can't this very basic functionality be implemented?

• Craig CampCraig Camp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is a major flaw that the iPhone client is more robust with information than the web/desktop version. It's always pushing me away from hootsuite looking for a better solution. You have to be able to see right away if someone is following you or not. #fail

• Michael NephMichael Neph commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a biggie for me as well. The only reason I go to Twitter on the web is for this information and to see who other people are following.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base