I suggest you ...

Please add a stream to track new followers

Being able to track and respond to new followers is essential. This stream option is available on TweetDeck, but I would rather use HootSuite. I hate having to switch back and forth...besides, the TweetDeck app eats up tons of memory and slows my laptop down...a lot!

1,068 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    kjbennettkjbennett shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    FarzanFarzan shared a merged idea: Hi. impressed. but consider adding who followed, and way to direct message link on someones reply  ·   · 
    Lola BelenguerLola Belenguer shared a merged idea: Adding a followers column  ·   · 
    AdamAdam shared a merged idea: Streams for followers on Twitter  ·   · 
    Michael ThomasMichael Thomas shared a merged idea: make "contacts" an addable stream to tabs especially twitter...  ·   · 
    UnstuckUnstuck shared a merged idea: Stream for New followers, Suggest followers & High-Value followers (Influencers)  ·   · 
    Pablo RoseroPablo Rosero shared a merged idea: Followers tweets stream  ·   · 
    JoshJosh shared a merged idea: add a stream for an account's followers  ·   · 
    David BoyesDavid Boyes shared a merged idea: Create the ability to quickly cut and paste new follower usernames for #ff or shootouts.  ·   · 
    MhairiMhairi shared a merged idea: add a stream that shows new followers.  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Allow easier following profile lookup feature (more like tweetdeck's)  ·   · 
    chairyogachairyoga shared a merged idea: Mark new followers since last visit  ·   · 
    KK shared a merged idea: Add a stream to track new followers  ·   · 
    JuanJuan shared a merged idea: Add a New Follower column  ·   · 
    conradrconradr shared a merged idea: Add a stream to view new followers  ·   · 
    Corinne KeijzerCorinne Keijzer shared a merged idea: new followers list!!!  ·   · 
    Indent MarketingIndent Marketing shared a merged idea: Be able to add a column for new followers  ·   · 
    BobBob shared a merged idea: Pption to show stream for new followers  ·   · 
    wendy carringtonwendy carrington shared a merged idea: Show New Followers to stream  ·   · 
    Aaron AbdisAaron Abdis shared a merged idea: add twitter streams for "followers" and "following" lists  ·   · 
    Celso Berri NetoCelso Berri Neto shared a merged idea: Show your last "new followers"  ·   · 
    BobRodkinBobRodkin shared a merged idea: It would be helpful if I could add a Twitter Followers stream  ·   · 
    BradBrad shared a merged idea: Twitter stream for seeing and tracking new followers  ·   · 
    josuejosue shared a merged idea: Make the column of new fans as tweetdeck  ·   · 
    vanhoosearvanhoosear shared a merged idea: Add a new stream "New Followers"  ·   · 
    kjbennettkjbennett shared a merged idea: I want to be able to track new followers  ·   · 
    John CasonJohn Cason shared a merged idea: Create Stream of Recent Followers  ·   · 
    ChristelChristel shared a merged idea: create a column in contacts that show people who are not following you back.  ·   · 
    Shaz DavisShaz Davis shared a merged idea: add a list feature for new followers  ·   · 
    David TeicherDavid Teicher shared a merged idea: Provide Real-Time "New Follower" Notifications  ·   · 
    Amer Cancer Soc UtahAmer Cancer Soc Utah shared a merged idea: add a 'new followers' stream like tweetdeck has  ·   · 
    Lisa ChidichimoLisa Chidichimo shared a merged idea: create column option for new subscriber  ·   · 
    completed  ·  Nicole WinstoneAdminNicole Winstone (Admin, HootSuite) responded  · 

You can now add a “New Followers” stream to track your new followers. This stream will display this information starting with newest followers at the top.
    Note that the stream will display their latest tweet, including timestamp. The time displayed is not the time at which they followed you.
    Enjoy!

87 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Wouter SchikhofWouter Schikhof commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi I suppose it's only available for the online version? Tried to add the stream on hootsuite for Iphone lastest IOS7 version and I do not see it yet.

• C J PayneC J Payne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great , pleased to see it. However, when I tried to DM a new follower, Hootsuite told me they were not following me!

• Zach BowersZach Bowers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A stream would be an incredibly useful service for us. Not only do we want to please our followers, we want to do it quickly. Need a beta tester? We want to get the ball rolling on this!

• Jenny HaywardJenny Hayward commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do believe there are merits to having our followers as a dedicated stream. This allows us to compare our presence and growth in a new metric, with live numbers and allows us to engage with them in a timely manner.

Thank you for your consideration!

• anonymousanonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hootsuite rocks but like everyone else i think a dedicated stream for followers/new followers would be a great addition.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We like to reply to new followers as soon as they follow us. A stream would be extremely useful. Sproutsocial does a good job of this. Thanks!

• ReneeRenee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't see these as being "new followers" but all followers. How can I distinguish new one from the rest? Can you provide more details?

• PaulPaul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I would appreciate if you were able to work this into your fantastic application.

Thank you.

I have found this really useful in tweetdeck - especially to allow a quick thank you to new followers allowing you to engage with them straight away!

• topgood saletopgood sale commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

welcome to our site: www.topgoodsell.com we are a leading company in dealing with cheap brand sneakers(nike shoes,jordan shoes,air max, kicks jordan,nike shox,adidas,acics shoes, af1,bape,nike dunks,iceream,puma,timberland,etc),bags,jeans(red monkey,Levis,etc),T-shirts (lacosate,DG,prada,etc),hats,sun glasses,etc.We can provide all kind of series sneakers and others in my website and keep updating our stock with new colors and styles. Free shipment.

• topgood saletopgood sale commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

welcome to our site: www.topgoodssala.com we are a leading company in dealing with cheap brand sneakers(nike shoes,jordan shoes,air max, kicks jordan,nike shox,adidas,acics shoes, af1,bape,nike dunks,iceream,puma,timberland,etc),bags,jeans(red monkey,Levis,etc),T-shirts (lacosate,DG,prada,etc),hats,sun glasses,etc.We can provide all kind of series sneakers and others in my website and keep updating our stock with new colors and styles. Free shipment. Hope to cooperate with you and look forward to your early reply!

• Steve WeigoldSteve Weigold commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like HootSuite enough to be a paying customer and I've already suggested it to a number of my friends. The lack of this feature is the one thing that keeps me from being able to use the platform exclusively to manage my social media requirements.

• Alec StansfieldAlec Stansfield commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You say "New followers can be found in the contact section under each social profile". I don't see any way to determine when each follower started following me. Am I missing something? What I want to do is tween a #FF for my new followers THIS WEEK. Are you saying this info is already provided somewhere?

• Sarah RomeroSarah Romero commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a MUST feature. I manage one biz account on Twitter directly on Twitter and so much of the engagement comes from tweeting new followers. Easy b/c Twitter notifies me right away about new followers. I manage another Twitter biz account from Hootsuite and find the lack of this feature limits my ability to engage new followers (not to mention acquiring more followers). It's one of the reasons I probably would look for another platform other than Hoot Suite for the next business account I manage.

hootsuite needs this function, particularly when you expect people to be paying for the service.

You used to have this feature via a "formula" app back in 2011. Can you please bring it back....very important for CRM!! Would hate to jump ship from Hootsuite to another app...I really like Hootsuite however, I can't afford to lose customers/fans by not acknowledging them...and social media is ALL about acknowledgement as I'm sure you well know. Thank you!

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base