I suggest you ...

Syncing Desktop and Mobile App Team Member Notifications and Assignments

Show me when a team member has responded to tweets - I'm not seeing this feature on the iPhone app.

(Previously this request included "When I make changes to my desktop app, I would like those same changes to take place on my iPhone. " For more information on this feature, please see: http://feedback.hootsuite.com/forums/40825-hootsuite-for-iphone-and-ipad/suggestions/519151-synchronization-between-iphone-and-web-app)

270 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Stephanie WonderlinStephanie Wonderlin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Craig PostonCraig Poston shared a merged idea: Sync mobile app and web app replies  ·   · 
    JamesJames shared a merged idea: Auto sync stream from phone to computer  ·   · 
    Graham BuddGraham Budd shared a merged idea: iPhone and iPad apps working with Teams Function  ·   · 
    Gina SchreckGina Schreck shared a merged idea: Adding Notification of REPLIED TO POST when using mobile device  ·   · 
    Craig PostonCraig Poston shared a merged idea: If a tweet is responded to in the Hootsuite mobile app, show that someone has responded to that in the web app as well and vice versa  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Add web app team response tracking to mobile apps  ·   · 
    Lori-LisaLori-Lisa shared a merged idea: assign to team members via mobile apps  ·   · 
    MukutMukut shared a merged idea: Add "assign" feature in mobile apps.  ·   · 
    AshleighAshleigh shared a merged idea: Be able to approve messages that require approval with the iPhone app  ·   · 
    AustinAustin shared a merged idea: In mobile, track and display which user responded to a tweet just like in desktop app. Otherwise, what's the point?  ·   · 
    VegasGalBVegasGalB shared a merged idea: Responses to tweets are shown across all devices enabled  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Have the phone and web sync  ·   · 
    marcomarco shared a merged idea: allow syncing from ipad to web dashboard...  ·   · 
    Jeff PrellwitzJeff Prellwitz shared a merged idea: assign tweet from iphone app  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Assignments for the mobile app anytime soon?  ·   · 
    LisetteLisette shared a merged idea: Add the possibility to sync an Ipad App with an Iphone and webbased App  ·   · 
    Nathaniel CassidyNathaniel Cassidy shared a merged idea: Add "Responded" notification when responding via iPhone/iPad as on the web version.  ·   · 
    James DuffellJames Duffell shared a merged idea: It would be great if you could see if a tweets been replied to on the iPad in the same way it does on the web version  ·   · 
    Rae SmithRae Smith shared a merged idea: Sync iPhone app and desktop HootSuites.  ·   · 
    Joe OConnellJoe OConnell shared a merged idea: please find a way to sync my hootsuite on my PC with hootsuite on my iPhone  ·   · 
    sherylsheryl shared a merged idea: add timeline syncing  ·   · 
    CC shared a merged idea: institute live syncing of desktop and iPhone app.  ·   · 
    daviddavid shared a merged idea: allow me to assign tweets to team members using iPad app  ·   · 
    driver49driver49 shared a merged idea: Make it possible to SYNC Hootsuite configuration across multiple platforms - web, iPhone, iPad, etc.  ·   · 
    mrjoemorganmrjoemorgan shared a merged idea: Allow assignment functionality in mobile app (assign to and see assigned)  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Dudes. Think about matching the versions. The not syncing between platforms limits the stregth of HS  ·   · 
    Phyllis KharePhyllis Khare shared a merged idea: Let me use the Assign to Team Member action on the iPad  ·   · 
    VinsVins shared a merged idea: iPad, see who replied to à tweet  ·   · 
    JoyceJoyce shared a merged idea: Show who responded across all platforms  ·   · 
    Jared MoodyJared Moody shared a merged idea: iphone "responded to this"  ·   · 
    iggy2112iggy2112 shared a merged idea: enable full automatic sync between all hootsuite portals - web, mobile, etc - for tabs, streams &all  ·   · 

18 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Nathaniel CassidyNathaniel Cassidy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So pleased this is under review, we vitally vitally need this. Couldn't agree more with the other comments about how debilitating this is currently for teams that work on the go.

• J.B.J.B. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature MUST be added. I think it's ridiculous that it's not. I keep finding more and more holes in the premium version as I continue to use it. Seriously considering canceling - Hootsuite is almost making it hard to collaborate on social accounts with the rest of my team.

• Marie SchultzMarie Schultz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Do you guys even read these comments? This request was made 3 years ago and collaboration still isn't included in the mobile app. That's the entire reason we're using HootSuite! People in Communications and PR live on their mobiles as they're always in the field, this is a necessity for your customers.

• Skeeter HarrisSkeeter Harris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a major flaw in your product, that with everything being mobile and needing to respond to tweets and posts on the go without tracking who replied is just ridiculous. Why should I continue to pay for my pro service when this is how you support your products?

• JeffJeff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This really needs to happen. This would get me to pay for this service. It's a mobile world. With out it the mobile apps are point less who wants to look at 100 tweets on one device then go to another device & try to figure out where they where. It all needs to sync so no matter where you are or what device you have so can pick up from where you left off. This is just a no brainer in today's world. I really want to like & use this service but with out syncing this is a nonstarter

• markmark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So I can only work as a team from a desktop? in today's mobile world? Gosh, you really need to make this happen ASAP

• Marc Marc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please give this some serious consideration. Currently mobile is pretty useless as you run the risk of doubling up responses or even worse - not replying to a query because you missed it in real-time.

Apple or Andriod, either one is fine for me. I'd switch me phone if I could get this!

• Meghan KraneMeghan Krane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this functionality - it's really important when we have multiple team members working from mobile devices on the same streams. It would also be nice to be able to assign tweets and leave notes from the mobile device.

• Aaron StewartAaron Stewart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The main reason my company uses Hootsuite is to allow different employees to respond to tweets. If the iPhone and iPad apps could show which tweets were responded to and by whom, like the normal web app, it would be a huge benefit for us.

• JoyceJoyce commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It doesn't show on the iPhone app which tweets have been replied to AND it doesn't show on the dashboard which tweets were replied to on the app. This creates a lot of repeat replies which we don't see until it's too late. Highly unprofessional.

• Alan KerlinAlan Kerlin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is about synchronising the read/unread items across platforms.
        As an example, I use Google Reader for all my RSS feeds. No matter what platform I use - iPhone, desktop at work, at home, the read items don't show up and I never waste time going over things I've already looked at.
        With Hootsuite I often find myself struggling to keep up with an active Twitter and FB feed, made worse by jumping between phone and desktops, home and work, even different computers at home.
        I find myself looking through 50 tweets only to realise I've already gone through them on a different platform. Syncing read posts would be a major time saver. Thanks for considering and for a great service

• DutchUmbrellaDutchUmbrella commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't change my layout very often, but when I do, I deinstall the iphone app and reinstall it. hootsuite then has the changes I made. It's a bother, but a way to make it work.

• MaAnnaMaAnna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to be able to select which device is the source. I manage columns/follows mainly on iPad and would like it to be the source when I sync to my desktop version.

• Phyllis KharePhyllis Khare commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you can make this happen - I can do 90% of all my work on the iPad - which would be awesome. I already pay for this for working on a computer - why not add it for the iPad?

Feedback and Knowledge Base