I suggest you ...

Post links to Facebook with image thumbnail and title/preview text

It would be great to add the ability to post links to FB with the same features already available in Hootsuite web dashboard, i.e. include an image thumbnail and title / text preview

896 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    marco.stazimarco.stazi shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    M.ishanM.ishan shared a merged idea: the hootsuite ios app should have an option to post images instead of it being published as a link  ·   · 
    EricEric shared a merged idea: Application is useless in IOS.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Post a pix on Hootsuite Mobile without a link  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Please! When I send a picture thru HootSuite App it shows like a link to everyone else in web and they don't follow, is not fancy at all.  ·   · 
    @KRam41@KRam41 shared a merged idea: Photo posting to facebook from mobile  ·   · 
    LadyTenorLadyTenor shared a merged idea: Load actual photos to social media instead of a random URL will be appealing enough for folks to click on.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Full image on Facebook Mobile  ·   · 
    lonegamer78lonegamer78 shared a merged idea: let us be able to see a thumbnail of a YouTube link on both web & mobile versions.  ·   · 
    Dk RadiuzDk Radiuz shared a merged idea: Have thumbnail photos visible on twitter and facebook  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: open the url  ·   · 
    Rob MasonRob Mason shared a merged idea: Add the ability to post a photo to Facebook from the iOS app instead of only an ow.ly link.  ·   · 
    DebsDebs shared a merged idea: Photograph embedded in message for Facebook.  ·   · 
    AnthonyAnthony shared a merged idea: generate a link preview for videos when posting through the iPad app.  ·   · 
    Mark ScudderMark Scudder shared a merged idea: Bring Facebook link previews to the iPhone app  ·   · 
    SchizghoeBillySchizghoeBilly shared a merged idea: The disadvantage of Hootsuite is a thing No thumbnails!  ·   · 
    Ruth BradenRuth Braden shared a merged idea: On iphone and iPad apps, include self-generating image when posting links for facebook.  ·   · 
    NormskiNormski shared a merged idea: Cant link to images on Facebook link using Ipad/Iphone  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: show previews of images instead of just the links  ·   · 
    MikeMike shared a merged idea: iPhone facebook link preview  ·   · 
    Branding ReasonBranding Reason shared a merged idea: Show Facebook link previews in iPad app  ·   · 
    completed  ·  TravisAdminTravis (Admin, HootSuite) responded  · 

Hello, and thank you for waiting.

HootSuite is pleased to announce an update to our iOS and Android applications in response to your feedback. As of Wednesday, March 26th, 2014, we’ve updated the mobile apps to automatically include the image thumbnail and article summary alongside any link you publish to Facebook or LinkedIn.

Although previews are not visible in the app at this time, any links published to either Facebook or LinkedIn through HootSuite’s mobile apps will appear with thumbnail and link previews on the destination site.

We’re excited to deliver a top-requested feature with this release, and thank you for your feedback. Our mobile team is hard at work on a slate of other app developments, so stay tuned!

Travis | Customer Support – Technical Lead | @HootSuite_Help

64 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't stress enough how URGENT this is. Everybody knows posts with images on FB receive infinitely more engagement. Buffer iOS app has been doing it for a while. Come on HS, we can't stay behind.

• LadyTenorLadyTenor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Typo...the headline should read "Load Actual Photos to Social Media instead of a Random URL."

• PaulPaul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An update on this thread would be appreciated. Facebook's latest algorithm change means that link-share posts are ranked more highly than posts containing a URL link. The ability to hide the URL link therefore could affect the visibility of your link post.
        http://newsroom.fb.com/News/787/News-Feed-FYI-What-Happens-When-You-See-More-Updates-from-Friends
        "The best way to share a link after this update will be to use a link-share, so it looks like the one below. We've found that, as compared to sharing links by embedding in status updates, these posts get more engagement (more likes, comments, shares and clicks) and they provide a more visual and compelling experience for people seeing them in their feeds."

• KSKS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please please please, HootSuite, respond about when this feature will be available. There has been no response to this thread since April of 2013, when Anais said this feature is under review.

I find this amazing! Out of all the social platforms facebook is the one that relies on pictures, and you don't get that on hoot suite...
        Would love to upgrade but not until this function is working, and an OWL link does not work on facebook ether I'm afraid...

• Embrace SocialEmbrace Social commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pictures are key when promoting products and ideas. This feature should be a most for this app. I love you Hootsuite, but I really need you to help us on this!

• Laurel ChristinaLaurel Christina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding to the chorus - HootSuite is valuable for the ability to schedule posts, but the ability to add a photo to upload (not a link) to a scheduled post is critical. Facebook is visual. Already searching for another platform that offers this basic functionality.

If this feature is not produced then I'm sure I will leave for another platform :(

• Leslie Leslie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's been a year. I have clients that are trying the free trial that don't want to stick with Hootsuite or upgrade to Pro or Enterprise because of this issue. I'm a Hootsuite partner and love Hootsuite, but it's hard to sell a product that is missing a key feature. It's a mobile world.

Additionally, photos should be the default - there should be no toggle switch at all in the browser or the mobile apps - if I'm taking the time to post a photo, that's what I want folks to see - not a link. The internet is visual.

Agreed, the iPad version is perfect. The only problem is the missing thumbnail on Facebook publications. For this missing feature I've been considering purchase Sprout Social.

Very disappointed I cannot schedule a facebook image post. Such a basic requirement.

Considering that photos/images are the NUMBER 1 thing people pay attention in Facebook, everybody REALLY miss this so basic feature...the app is O.K. in other aspects, but EVERY customer get dissappointed when he discover that he can't post a photo, just an ow.ly link that most of the viewers will not pay the minimum attention

• benediktbenedikt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And maybe the possibility to have also an image through news feed posts ? Would be a very nice tool to have...

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base