I suggest you ...

Allow filtering of trending topics by region.

I'd like to be able to chose the region for trending topics. Right now it only shows world wide, I would like to see by country. I live in Canada so I like to know what's trending here.

177 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    MatthewMk2MatthewMk2 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    GeorgeGeorge shared a merged idea: Please, local trending topic. Please.  ·   · 
    Shannon shoffnerShannon shoffner shared a merged idea: Trending topics are all worldwide I guess. Would love the ability to filter by specific country  ·   · 
    BlaiseBlaise shared a merged idea: Add ability to change trending location from iphone app  ·   · 
    AFookiesAFookies shared a merged idea: Please add the lists feature and also the ability to view trends based on regions or locations please!!!  ·   · 
    Vicky oVicky o shared a merged idea: Add trending topics As a stream.  ·   · 
    Abdul LatheefAbdul Latheef shared a merged idea: Provide facility to check trends on web n iPad  ·   · 
    comedyboycomedyboy shared a merged idea: Show trending topics  ·   · 
    Richard BussyRichard Bussy shared a merged idea: let me get my local trending topics on the iPhone app, not just the global trends  ·   · 
    J. ColeJ. Cole shared a merged idea: make trending topics an available stream for ipad  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: I want to be able to change the region of the trends i see on HootSuite for iPhone  ·   · 
    BurnMyEyes0107BurnMyEyes0107 shared a merged idea: regional trends  ·   · 
    under review  ·  TravisAdminTravis (Admin, HootSuite) responded  · 

Hi there! Thanks for reaching out to us, and thank you all for your suggestions!

We are actively investigating methods to filter the trending topics in our mobile apps, and hope to be able to implement filtering in the future.

Thank you all for your patience, and thank you for using HootSuite!
    Travis | Customer Support – Technical Lead | @HootSuite_Help

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Russell EmmersonRussell Emmerson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So - no movement on this in more than 12 months?

I am starting to use HootSuite more and more - but the lack of a stream for local trending topics means I am looking at another iOS app. And that really is just a small step to looking at other apps that may generate the same usability.

I'd love to know if this has proceeded beyond "review" since September 2012.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I too would rather filter trending topics by region on the iPhone & iPad apps. I'm in the US and all the trending topics I get are in Spanish :(

Agree with that! We need to be able to choose the region of the trending topics. I like Hootsuit a lot, but here in Argentina, I can't download the IOs app, so I have to use tweetbot or tweetdeck on my iPone.

• Indent MarketingIndent Marketing commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For me, just the web dashboard would be great. Although ideally iOS would be good too. Either way it's definitely needed. At the moment the trending list is pretty much useless unless you can switch to different countries and even regions within countries. Other twitter apps are currently able to do that - eg TweetBot.

We would like to have this as an iOS feature.Currently, when I click on Search, I see the trending topics worldwide. We should be able to choose a location when I click on trending topics. This will help us to get the trending topics anywhere we want.

• ChristoChristo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A response would be great. This is very frustrating. Also only want to see whats trending in my area and not world wide

• HernandoHernando commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i'm new in this app, so I can't find trending topics option; there is no trending colum option too

• GelcardwellGelcardwell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree! I would love just to be able to see the Uk ones as I can on twitter.com. Most of the worldwide trends just don't relate to me or interest me.

Feedback and Knowledge Base