Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    lifehackslifehacks shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Stephanie Stephanie shared a merged idea: Would love the ability to block certain hash tags.  ·   · 
    ZakZak shared a merged idea: The ability to mute users would be very handy!  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Mute  ·   · 
    KevinKevin shared a merged idea: Add ability to mute people.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Add a mute feature. Also I cannot open links from a camera tweet. Error is page not found.  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Allow users to "mute" ppl we follow, like über social  ·   · 
    SchizghoeBillySchizghoeBilly shared a merged idea: Mute my followers  ·   · 
    SchizghoeBillySchizghoeBilly shared a merged idea: Mute my followers  ·   · 
    BdiddyBdiddy shared a merged idea: Be able to block game updates in faceboo  ·   · 
    Lisalisa9999Lisalisa9999 shared a merged idea: Hide farmville  ·   · 
    SpoildChinadolSpoildChinadol shared a merged idea: Is there a mute feature. I suggest that gets added if there isn't one. Also push notifications  ·   · 
    LtlRedXLtlRedX shared a merged idea: Why is there no way to easily block or mute people  ·   · 
    completed  ·  TravisAdminTravis (Admin, HootSuite) responded  · 

Hi there! Thanks for reaching out to us!

We’re happy to announce that in the latest version of the HootSuite iOS mobile app (version 2.5.4), you are now able to mute users directly from their user profile view. In addition, you can mute for either a preselected or custom time.

Thank you graciously for your patience, and thank you for using HootSuite!
    Travis | Customer Support – Technical Lead | @HootSuite_Help

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AprilApril commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would actually like to be able to mute certain hashtags ex. a sports game or tv show.

• grizeldagloopgrizeldagloop commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love this feature. I really miss it. (I had Echofon/Windows).
        I don't think there should be a time limit though, mute forever but we should be able to unmute whenever we want to.

• Andy DuckerAndy Ducker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Muting a user for a day, a week, a month or forever would be great. Also muting Apps like 4Sq and also designated Hashtags

• kuma_tankuma_tan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

nice idea!! but i think one day isnt enough for some kind ppl.
        forever is best ;D

• Bella BowieBella Bowie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. I was so excited about all the time I thought I was going to save when I signed up to Hootsuite the other day that I was going to go Pro. Now, all I see are games in my feed that I already blocked in Facebook. Is there any fix in the works for this?

• TomTheBertTomTheBert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. This is a great app, but I really could care less about frontierville. It clogs up my feed which pretty much makes the fb feed useless.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just started using hootsuite. I have been using Facebook for iPhone. All those game requests were blocked. Now in hootsuite I get pages of game requests. It is enough to make me not want to use this app. I hope a fix is planned soon.

• Trenton TalbotTrenton Talbot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also love to have an option to mute a user in a particular timeline. For example, I am running 2 twitter timelines side by side, and don't like to see redundant tweets.

Feedback and Knowledge Base