I suggest you ...

iPhone Twitter notifications - specify which account the pop-up notification is referring to

Each time I receive an iPhone notification (new follower, new mention, etc) I don't know which of my accounts it is referring to, so for example, I don't know from which account I should follow back, or thank for mentioning. Please allow this information.

172 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    guzzleguzzle shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Hootesuite iPhone app notification in relevant stream.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: I would like to see a badge with new messages in my column-screen  ·   · 
    Craig GolbyCraig Golby shared a merged idea: I have an 11 on my iPad Hootsuite icon....  ·   · 
    MikeMike shared a merged idea: HUGE ISSUE- ios app gets notifications, but when I go into the app to read it THERE IS NO PLACE IN THE APP TO FIND RECENT NOTIFICATIONS  ·   · 
    SpannersSpanners shared a merged idea: iPhone app notification numbers inside app, on streams  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Have one place in the app to see all notifications  ·   · 
    Maumoguel Maumoguel shared a merged idea: iOS notifications are useless if you don't see them inside the app  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Add a count of unread message for each stream in the streams list  ·   · 
    Tim MartinTim Martin shared a merged idea: Notification Access  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Show what stream an alert belongs to, and once you click into that stream show the post that caused the alert.  ·   · 
    Farshid ketabchiFarshid ketabchi shared a merged idea: Provide more detail on notifications once you open the app.  ·   · 
    duderduder shared a merged idea: when I refresh I don't care how many new tweets there are! that pop-up message is incredibly annoying  ·   · 
    Eduardo Eduardo shared a merged idea: Add symbols on app's columns  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Notification information  ·   · 
    CorinCorin shared a merged idea: Let me view my notifications on the mobile app.  ·   · 
    KerstenKersten shared a merged idea: Have your notifications show on the app such as which stream has a notification. The app icon shows you have a notification but not inside.  ·   · 
    KimberlyKimberly shared a merged idea: You add a notification # to the stream being notified. It's annoying to hear the alert and pick up your phone later and not know which netwo  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: What I get the notification bubble and I enter the app there is nothing in the app that tells me what the notification is for  ·   · 
    NuuutymelNuuutymel shared a merged idea: Create in app badges  ·   · 
    Mark RoweMark Rowe shared a merged idea: Please show me which of my many feeds the push notification is for.  ·   · 
    Bill McCaigBill McCaig shared a merged idea: Add notification reminders on each account.  ·   · 
    DannySkarkaDannySkarka shared a merged idea: notifications should point to the stream they came from  ·   · 
    Larry freemanLarry freeman shared a merged idea: Push notifications need to be marked against the account once the app is opened.  ·   · 
    ayaaya shared a merged idea: Mobile app notification  ·   · 
    JessieJessie shared a merged idea: Show notifications inside app.  ·   · 
    ArielAriel shared a merged idea: Twitter profile name on streams in iPad  ·   · 
    Mark McIntyreMark McIntyre shared a merged idea: Add unread count to stream list  ·   · 
    AnaisAnais responded  · 

Thank you for your valuable feedback!
    We’ll be looking at implementing this feature in the future!

19 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jez WardmanJez Wardman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is so frustrating. I am just about to turn off notifications because I am fed up being told of notifications that I can't find.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. I manage both business and personal. Notifications for what account is necessary. Please fix!!!!!

• Shona MackinShona Mackin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be amazing, I'm really struggling using hootsuite for multiple accounts and at the moment its almost quicker to go into everything manually for each client (we are set up as a test to use hootsuite on 9 at the moment)

• PattyPatty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is so necessary and I hope you add it soon! It's kind of unbelievable that you don't have it...

• TyanaTyana commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

completely agreed. this has been my biggest issue and why i don't use hootsuite on my mobile devices anymore. i only use the desktop client but would prefer to use the same throughout. please add this!

• KiraKira commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As an app that is touted for making business SM more efficient the fact that I have to sort through many different feeds just to find out what has been added is very cost INEFFECTIVE. I look forward to the "fix".

• Adam MasonAdam Mason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice if the badges that happen on the app in the iPhone could also show up within the application (new posts/new @mentions/new DMs). When I see a badge now, I have to hunt for where it is referring to (which list).

• LaurentLaurent commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same problem. Do you have any idea of a better app to switch to?

• Matt BaumeMatt Baume commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe this isn't available. App is really not useful for managing multiple busy accounts without it.

• Nikki PfahlerNikki Pfahler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completely agree... I link 7 different Twitter accounts to Hootsuite, and when I get notifications on mobile, it's a pain to figure out where it's coming from.

• AaronAaron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be HUGE for me. I'm on the move between 10 locations and now do most of my social media work through the hootsuite app, which is great, except that I have no idea where the notifications come from most of the time, unless they're a follow or a mention, and I happen to see it when it happens. I can't memorize the 60 or so feeds and searches, or go through them one at a time, to see what happened where. Just adding the little badge inside the app would make a world of difference.

• TyanaTyana commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. If I have a badge alert that says I have 4 new notifications it takes me to the main stream and I have to check multiples streams to see what the 4 notifications are. A small badge alert on the main streams page that tells you what's new would be great.

• Benjamin HigginbothamBenjamin Higginbotham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. It is weird that you get badges pushed to your device, but as soon as you open HootSuite there is nothing to show what is new in each section. You have to check each area manually which is very time consuming.

2 new posts in my personal twitter account mentions should have a '2' badge next to that area in HootSuite. 10 new direct messages to my business account should show a '10' next to that area on the HootSuite dashboard.

Thanks,

Benjamin

Feedback and Knowledge Base